Hi!

ElKabong

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I'm not alone.

I have a mess of flashlights (keep buying new ones when I see one that looks interesting). I thought I was the only person who did that. Then I came to this forum to look at a review and found that other people did the same thing. Cool, feels like home. :)

Just to "introduce" myself, here are some of my toys:
  1. SL SL20X - Bought it on the recommendation by a police officer. Great "baton" flashlight.
  2. SL Stinger - Little long for pocket carry, still like it. Broken right now (see my other post).
  3. SF 6P - Bright. I always think about the lamp life though.
  4. SF 3P - Discontinued. A SF rep told me I'd always be able to get lamps though
  5. SF 6Z - Fav tac light.
  6. SL 4AA ProPoly - Major favorite task light (actually I have a mess of these for that reason)
  7. SL Junior Luxeon - Favorite penlight sized light
  8. SF L1 - Nice build quality, not sure it was worth the $'s
  9. Coast V2 - Not as well regarded a name as SF and SL but I really like this light because of it's form factor. I can (and do) carry it with me all the time. Glad I bought a spare when Costco had them.
  10. SL Scorpion - Was defective (messed with it to make it work). Better than a 2AA Mini-Maglite but the beam quality, bulb life and battery life could not compete with the Coast V2.
  11. SL Twin-Tasks - Okay, but the incandenscent bulbs are not bright enough for them to be my Jack-of-all-trades. Plus I generally prefer carry two different lights if I need two types of light (because that means I must need light and I prefer have a backup, especially if the task light is a rechargeable).
  12. S&W 3W LED - I don't like the switch
  13. Misc. Princeton Tech LED lights - Great support but some versions were made of a plastic that wasn't suitable to the kind of use I'd inflict on them.
  14. Inova X5 - Nice, but not quite good enough to displace the SL and SF's.
  15. Several LED headlamps (SL, etc.) - I like all of them, the SL is my favorite.
  16. Several Photon keychain lights. They're great on a lanyard or keychain.
Plus various other false starts and experiments. Don't remind me how much I've spent on these things... :stupid:

NightHiker

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty new too, but welcome! Nice collection you've got there, looks like youll fit right in.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, welcome home! Amazing you were able to achieve that level without the "help" of CPF. :) Your going to fit right in here for sure.

Ken

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome ElKabong,you think you've spent money already just stick around a bit then tell us how much you have spent.:grin2: Chris

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, ElKabong. I remember that feeling of relief when I found I was not the only flash-nut.

Geoff

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice collection.....I am slowly building mine up......I am an addict and I admit it...lol

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
Welcome......

I see you have a problem.....

You need to enroll in our 12 step program.......

...and if we're an example of a support group, you're in big trouble.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow it is hard to believe you had no help.

You sound like a natural born Flashaholic.

I'm on the very slow road ahead started with one last month and now I have 2 in total with another 2 on the way.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lights! Seems like you have quite the addiction going there!

Time for you to mosey down to the Custom B/S/T section for some therapy! :naughty:

Welcome aboard!

:thumbsup: WP

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!!

If you managed that collection before, I expect you will treble it in the next coupla months with CPF help!

I agree with Manzerick, hide your wallet, cut up your credit cards, don't enroll in Paypal and don't - DO NOT look at any time at the B/S/T forums herein!

I did, and I've gone from a torch purchase every now and then to one a month to at least three plus mods!!

Be lucky...

Tritium

Enlightened
Welcome ElKabong, I love Quickdraw McGraw as El Kabong. Looks like you were already a flashaholic just looking for a group of "infected" friends.

Thurmond