Question for Rhapsody users??

dtsoll

Enlightened
Okay, I am completely confused about something that happens when using rhapsody. I can download a song and transfer it to my Mp3 player fine but, let's say I delete the song from my Mp3 player and my library and then try to put it back on a couple days later. It sometimes says the transfer failed but no reason as to why. My kids have complained of the same problem. Can you only download and transfer a song once every thirty days? I have tried the help in rhapsody but can't find any info on it. Anyway, thanks if you can help me out here!!!!! Doug:)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My question about Rhapsody is a bit different...when you download a song, is is stored (even temporarily) on your hard drive so it can be copied or moved elsewhere for future playback?

snowleopard

Newly Enlightened
Craig: It's an honor to answer a question for the font of all knowLEDge, LED_MUSEUM! There are two buttons to click. One just online streams it, playing with no permanent storage (click on triangle pointing right icon). The other downloads it ( + sign icon).

The songs are not mp3, but are wma (some kind of digital rights management license system). If you go too long without transferring anything to an "mp3 player" or computer, the license expires and you have to transfer a single track from rhapsody to the player to update the licensing. Not all mp3 players are compatible.

dtsoll: I haven't run into this. Are you using rhapsody to do the deleting or some other program? If it's not deleted by rhapsody, perhaps that confuses rhapsody. I'll try it when I next put stuff onto my Rio.

--Walter

cerbie

Enlightened
Doug: are you actually deleting it from the player, or are you moving it off the player from their software or WMP? Actually deleting it is bad. You likely are limited in your ability to make copies (as opposed to moving the file/license), if you're doing it in a way that you can play it on the MP3 player and computer at the same time.

Not surprisingly, there's no information about how it works on the Rhapsody website (Yahoo! and Apple and least make it easy to read the rules they shackle you with--but then again, they're not Real).

Craig: it is stored on your computer, and can be copied or moved, and played back in the future, if the license is still valid. However, you would have useless files if you were to treat that copying as backing up (DRM).

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I actually have deleted the songs off the player and in rhapsody itself also. Yeah, there are really no rules or instructions that go with rhapsody. Every month though, we have to redownload songs and sometimes that doesn't work. It just says download failed or some such. cerbie, maybe you are correct, I should just maybe leave them in the rhapsody library and just resync each month or something?? Doug:)

snowleopard

Newly Enlightened
Doug, You shouldn't have to re-download your songs every month. Just downloading a single track should transfer the updated licensing info. Same for transferring to your mp3 player -- transfer a single track while logged in and all your rhapsody tracks should work.

Things mess up sometimes if my network connection is not working well, but when my connection is good few problems.
--Walter