"fun" lights from Fulton

Paladin

Enlightened
Here's some lights which arrived last week. From left to right.

#943N 3D with a Sears 3AAA 1 watt LED installed. GREAT beam from the multi-faceted metal reflector. Not as durable as a Maglite though!

#N49, the old USGI style 3D, again with Sear 3AAA LED, pretty nice combo, and it throws a wider spill beam then the #943. Both give a nice tight hot spot with the Sears LED, and very even side spill.

Center light is NOT from Fulton. I ordered some USGI lights from them but also tryed to get one of their old style metal flashlights (long discontinued, duh!) like it. This one uses the screw in lamps, and I can not find any with decent output. It is an Eveready branded 3D, marked made in china of course.

The #N47, well loved friend of US Serviceman for decades, now "upgraded" with a long running, but very dim NightEyz LED lamp intended for Maglites. Makes a neat table lamp for late night music listening...

The Red glow ring and metal #228 was my consolation prize sent after they explained I was several years too late for a 3D metal searchlight. I left the "Krypton" lamp installed to remind myself the "good old days" were not very well lit. I remember as a kid Dad having something similar inside the HUGE glovebox of his 50-something Chevy.

Paladin
Captured_2006-9-5_00002.jpg

watt4

Enlightened
I looked at one of those angle-head flashlights recently. since it would tail stand very well, I thought about using it for my nite ize led upgrade. I figured it would be good for sitting on a table , while reading or eating.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paladin said:
Here's some lights which arrived last week....#943N 3D with a Sears 3AAA 1 watt LED installed
...#N49, the old USGI style 3D, again with Sear 3AAA LED

Thanks for the pic, Paladin.

Does the Sears 1 Watt overheat when driven by the D cells? Flashlightreviews cautioned against driving these Sears bulbs with anything other than AA or AAA.

Paladin said:
...Center light is NOT from Fulton. It is an Eveready branded 3D, marked made in china of course.

Where did you find the Eveready big head?

Paladin said:
...The #N47, well loved friend of US Serviceman for decades, now "upgraded" with a long running, but very dim NightEyz LED lamp

I love this light! An all time classic. I used to be able to buy these Fulton angleheads from several local sources, but they don't seem to be available around here anymore.

Think I'll have to order a few of these from Fulton.

Paladin said:
...The Red glow ring and metal #228 was my consolation prize

Yes, that's a good facsimile of the ubiquitous, inexpensive glovebox and kitchen drawer lights of the 1950s through the 1970s. The models from Eveready and Ray-O-Vac were OK if handled carefully, but often became unreliable if they were dropped. Those kitchen drawer lights were my very first encounters with flashlights as a little kid.