question about PM6 LED

skiersl9

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I was wondering how the PM6 1 Watt LED lights color rendition is? Also how does its brightness/ output compare to the SF L4? Thanks

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Color rendition varies, but I would say most that I have seen are in the 7K to 8K temperature range. As for comparison to the L4, there is no comparison. The PM6 is a nice light, but you are looking at a 1W light. The SF L4 is a 5W LED that produces a room filling amount of light. I don't have beam shots, but they are just two totally separate lights. They are both great lights and it really depends on your usage/budget as to which one you need.

cy

Flashaholic
got a PM6 LED old style that I bored out to accept 18650 li-ion cell. but you need to run 2x CR123 for max brightness. tint is nice and white. $60 shipped conus, PM if you are interested.

skiersl9

Newly Enlightened
Thanks or the help! I would love to purchase a PM6 LED but I am running a little low when it comes to $.... I just blew $120 on a Benchmade Osborne knife..... Yea I know I bought a knife before a light.... shame on me... lol Thanks again for the help.

vtunderground

Enlightened
skiersl9 said:
Also how does its brightness/ output compare to the SF L4? Thanks

Pelican M6 LED:

PelicanM6LED.jpg

Surefire L4:

SurefireL4.jpg