Your Ultimate Fantasy LED light? Lets Dream!

xiaowenzu

Banned
Okay guys, if you could make the best EDC (everyday carry) LED flashlight in the world, using the latest technology (or future technology) what would it be, and how bright?

My current dream light would be:

3 K2 emitters incorporated into a light the size of U2. It's the right size for EDC. Producing the total of 420 lumens!

This flashlight would be constructed of carbon nanotube (strongest material on earth)by Surefire company and runs on fuel cells lasting 3 months continuously on High!!

The reflector would be perfect smoothness just like hubble telescope and the Window would be an unbreakable magnifying glass.. it would magnify the beam 10x stronger.. so 420 lumens becomes 4200 lumens! :drool: :drool:

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 AAA alkaline, single LED, Runtime: 24 Hours FULLY REGULATED, Lumens: 120, UI: Photon Freedom 'Ultra', Size: Smaller than Arc AAA, Case Material:Alloy that is lighter than Al and stronger than Ti, Waterproof : depth 1000 meters, Switch : reliable billion operations.

perhaps in another 30 years would be a good guestimage...

xiaowenzu

Banned
ViReN said:
perhaps in another 30 years would be a good guestimage...
True! lol Sometimes I think I was born too early. I wish I was born 1000 years from now. :awman: :awman:

Haz

Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
the Window would be an unbreakable magnifying glass.. it would magnify the beam 10x stronger.. so 420 lumens becomes 4200 lumens! :drool: :drool:

The magnifying glass will not increase the lumen, however it will help to focus the beam to a more concentrated hotspot.

xiaowenzu

Banned
My next fantasy light would be ring-sized single led light, that can fit on my finger. and controlled by touch. It would look like a small diamond ring.

The brightness of this Led light can be variabled. From 0.1 Lumens to 40 billion candlepower (the same brightness as the Pyramid light at Las Vegas) I don't know how many lumens that is ?! But I guess around 4 billion?:drool:

http://www.xenotechusa.com/

Haz

Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
My next fantasy light would be ring-sized single led light, that can fit on my finger. and controlled by touch. It would look like a small diamond ring.

The brightness of this Led light can be variabled. From 0.1 Lumens to 40 billion candlepower (the same brightness as the Pyramid light at Las Vegas) I don't know how many lumens that is ?! But I guess around 4 billion?:drool:

You can keep on dreaming! :huh:

mmace1

Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:

Yes, but stastics show one is more likley to blind oneself or a family member than an attacker. :)

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Id be happy with any of the smaller EDC type lights (P1,Orb Raw,CR 2Ion,etc, etc, etc)but with a perpetual power source that keeps on running.

I'll never have to buy a battery again. :)

Do they make urainium based cells or that stuff they used to power the starship enterprise with?:laughing:

xiaowenzu

Banned
Concept said:
Id be happy with any of the smaller EDC type lights (P1,Orb Raw,CR 2Ion,etc, etc, etc)but with a perpetual power source that keeps on running.

I'll never have to buy a battery again. :)

Do they make urainium based cells or that stuff they used to power the starship enterprise with?:laughing:
Uranium would be too heavy man! :laughing:

A better way would be to create a small wormhole, INSIDE the light, which then can draw it's energy from another universe. Like a portal, if you will.
Whenever it gets low on power, it would open up the portal/wormhole and suck ions from another dimension.
It would NEVER run out- bright forever!! hehe :drool:

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
A light about the size of my mini-Mag LED (2-AA) that would run at full brightness for at least 48 hours and then gradually drop into useable "moon mode" for another 200 hours or so. This light would also have a OEM tailcap switch like the "Nite Ize" with a locator LED, level selection, and strobe. Furthermore, the color of the light would be electronically selectable: white, red, green, blue, etc.

Raven

Enlightened
An Inova XO3 that uses 2 aa batteries.

I'd also like to see a super durable 7aa lux3 flashlight, with a strong mag type body, and twisty cap.

Heck, make it an 8aa :D

Last edited:

fishx65

Enlightened
I would like to have a 300 lumen led surgically implanted in my forehead. It would run off my bodies energy and I could turn it off and on by just thinking about it. I would hate to leave it on by accident though, might kill me!!!!!

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
1x AAA size, but with zero point energy (infinite power).
Made from indestructable unobtanium, nothing can even scratch it.
Lumens: from 0.0001 with no upper limit (change brightness ala gatlight but with a ring between the head and body of the light)
No heat is produced, ever. Regardless of how bright it shines.
Impossible to destroy it (nuke it, place it inside a supernova, whatever), and it can never fail. Murphy's law does not apply to this light.
Perfect tint of course :)
If you lose it, it will automatically teleport itself back into your pocket.
If someone steals it they will die instantly, and then the light teleports itself back into your pocket :grin2:
There can only be one. I'm the only one that will be allowed to have this light :whistle:

Hey, you did say ultimate -fantasy- LED light :lolsign:

jmw19

Newly Enlightened
I want the flashlight laser from Larry Niven's Ringworld series. Adjustable beam and adjustable power makes it a versatile tool. I don't think color was ever mentioned, but green seems like a good compromise for vision.

Barring that, a 1xAA size, variable output LED, running on a 14500 li-ion, max. output around a thousand lumens, with a runtime at max. of at least one hour, would make me happy. Beam should be a smooth flood for wide area lighting.
LED efficiency would have to increase 10-fold to make this possible, along with advances in battery technology, but I'd bet 10 years of R&D will make this a reality.

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, where each wishes for something. Calvin wants a rocket launcher, I think, and Hobbes wants a tuna sandwich. Calvin makes fun of the simplicity of Hobbes' imagination. The final panel has Hobbes eating away, and saying "I got my wish."

I'd love a photon cannon, powered by antimatter reaction (needs pretty good sheilding, though...), but I don't see them within my lifetime.

Best,
Jon.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take something the size and shape of my Fenix L0P, but puts out light like my Surefire U2. Runtime is negotiable, but should be at least one hour on maximum and a couple weeks on minimum. Oh, did I mention it must have variable output?

Oh, almost forgot the most important part: it needs to have an output spectrum a lot closer to an incandescent. I'm getting tired of the eerie blue/green alien-like glow that comes from today's LED emitters. It's like working under a bad fluorescent light all the time. I need something a little more full spectrum than what's available today.

xiaowenzu

Banned
Ty_Bower said:
Oh, almost forgot the most important part: it needs to have an output spectrum a lot closer to an incandescent. I'm getting tired of the eerie blue/green alien-like glow that comes from today's LED emitters. It's like working under a bad fluorescent light all the time. I need something a little more full spectrum than what's available today.

I totally agree! I think I'm missing the warmth of incand these days, yea I know it's weird.. just sorta like a nostalgic feeling Today, I just turned on my 6D flashlight and was overwhelmed with emotion. Ohh the warmth! :awman: But having said that, I still like PURE white about 6400k (without any hint of blue).. it's my favourite spectrum. :)

Latest posts