The REAL 1000 lm LED light.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
"If you only knew the power of the dark side..."

It is not a production unit, just was trying things with a head we have manufactured for a spanish broadcast team.

Its name, Barbolight U-41 (V-41 is the UW video light, and has external pack)

u41rk2.jpg

onhandna5.jpg

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahah crazy I like it! 12 leds. Are those 17mm reflectors?

I like how it's short and stubby. Just looks like some mean brute force military thing.

LuxIII's I take it? A bunch of TX0H would help with the power and heat issues, but not sure of how to power it then without a driver or multiple drivers...

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!! Every thread that I click is another light I have to buy....I agree.......group CPF buy...let us know...

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lexus said:
WOW! :eek:
Will this ever go into production?

Not sure. In fact it already exist as a video light, with external battery packs. If there is enough interest we could think about making a small production for GB's or so. It is not going to be a cheap light (It has all the Barbolight U series characteristics, and even the toggle switch and its cover are Mil.Spec).

Mags said:
What kind of batteries?
A 6600 mAh 7,4 V protected Li-ION pack.

IsaacHayes said:
hahah crazy I like it! 12 leds. Are those 17mm reflectors?

I like how it's short and stubby. Just looks like some mean brute force military thing.

LuxIII's I take it? A bunch of TX0H would help with the power and heat issues, but not sure of how to power it then without a driver or multiple drivers...

The video head has flood reflectors, the handheld light 20 mm reflectors. Bothvery high quality ones.

It has no converter. Just 6 x 2 series. Slightly resistored down. 90 minutes to 75% initial output. Efficiency is near "perfect".

wquiles said:
Looks impressive. How is the heat aspect of it? How many watts go into the LED's?

Will

Initially is pulling near 39 Watts.

At 25ºC ambient temperature and no air flow it gets near 52 ºC in 10 minutes. You can hold it, but better using gloves!

Not very funny, but a flashlight you need to use gloves to use it is.... exciting. Don't you think so? A kind of nuclear light!

BTW, we used sunglasses when testing them.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
20mm reflectors! cool! I noticed that toggle, I wonder how many people missed it.
It does look like something Darth Vader would have!

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The toggle switch has also three positions:

100% output.
OFF
70% output (50% current)

But it can be modified to .

Momentary.
OFF
Constant on.

Javier

xiaowenzu

Banned
Man, now THAT is something I'd wanna get! I think it's the brightest led flashlight for it's size and much smaller than elektro-lumens ELX-12 6D, which is NOT HA-III. :)

I think Imma dream tonight! hehe

Amonra

Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
Man, now THAT is something I'd wanna get! I think it's the brightest led flashlight for it's size and much smaller than elektro-lumens ELX-12 6D, which is NOT HA-III. :)

I think Imma dream tonight! hehe

the ELX-12 has the batteries inside but this Barbolight has an external battery pack so i dont know about the size.

Great job Javier!!

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. It's what you'd end up with if the Barbolight and Elektrolumens lines got together. I like the two settings: ON and TURBO. Is the 1.5hr to 75% at max current? With that many LEDs, have you considered using two differently-tinted bins? Maybe even replacing a few of the 20s with flood reflectors to make sure the corona is decently bright compared to the hot spot? That'd be quite the purchase, but i can see myself biting.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amonra said:
the ELX-12 has the batteries inside but this Barbolight has an external battery pack so i dont know about the size.

Great job Javier!!

No no, I think that's an internal battery. I'm guessing it uses 6 18650 2200mAh in a 2x3 configuration?

josean

Newly Enlightened
Great light (unique light), Javier :goodjob:

¿Could you attach a picture with a frontal view?

Latest posts