UK C8 eLED plus

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
I've been using one for about 6 months. A very good light for the price-- in and out of water. I use mine a lot on land as well as diving. Bright enough for me but a fraction of the brightness of your HID. Bigger than I like personally but if you're used to the cannon it will be no problem. Nice combination of hotspot and useable spill. I mostly used mine on low (close to the reefs) but for wrecks high would be useful. Fully regulated unlike the Shockwave LED.

EDIT-- oops, I missed the "new" and "plus." My bad. My comments were for the "old" C8 Eled, maybe still usefu in your decision makingl... I would snatch up another UK in a second, and at maybe twice the brightness of the old C8 eLed... wow.

Last edited:

sandysim

Newly Enlightened
Mbirds
Thanks for your reply. I was also thinking about the normal C8ELED, though I would prefer something brighter to use as a light source for underwater photography.
Does you C8ELED run well on land, i.e does not overheat and how long does a typical load of C cells NiMH or Alkaline last?
Not many outfits carry the new C8ELED plus at the moment.

Kilted

Enlightened
sandysim said:
Mbirds
Thanks for your reply. I was also thinking about the normal C8ELED, though I would prefer something brighter to use as a light source for underwater photography.
Does you C8ELED run well on land, i.e does not overheat and how long does a typical load of C cells NiMH or Alkaline last?
Not many outfits carry the new C8ELED plus at the moment.

I have a C8 eLED running on 5,000 mah Maha NiMH's, I get approx 8-10 hours on full brightness, more on half brightness.

Works great on land no problems with heat. Large reflector does a good job, it's a wide spot, smooth beam.

I'm really curious about the 'Plus' version, me thinks there might be some useability problems, like beam pattern, land usage, etc.

=D~~ Kilted