Chimart

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
APinnews.Dallas. 07/23/06

China's first move, immediately after President Bush signed the executive order admitting China as permanent trade partner today, was to make an offer to acquire Walmart at an undisclosed price. A spokesman for the SEC, who spoke on conditions of anomynity, said, "this is a viable opportunity for Corportate International to consolidate operations."

Bob Bixby, a public relations spokesperson for Walmart said, "They're making an offer that we can't refuse. This is a very advantageous move for the American public as well, since 87% of our products are already from China the public will enjoy greater savings with the elimination of middleman markups. It will be the first direct to the public world market, and we are very excited.

There was some speculation that the name Walmart that has enjoyed so much success and loyalty from the American public will be renamed, Chimart.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, omg, they'll change it to Chimart? I mean buying wal-mart, ok that's crazy enough, and if they kept it going well and all that fine. But renaming it to Chimart just sounds insulting to america! and it sounds cheap... I dunno... I'd rather have another name that didn't have china or walmart in it. Just make up something new if you want to do that.. ugh chimart just sounds wrong!!!

Crazyness!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This exact story is all over the internet going as far back as 2003.

It's B.S. and borderline trollish behavior.

--dan

Empath

Flashaholic
There is no news service by the name of Apinnews, although there is an Apinews service. The story, including the misspelled news service was lifted directly from a post on another forum, with only the date of the claimed article changed. That thread ended up being China bashing. That wasn't your intent for this one, was it?

Whether you intended to perpetuate a false rumor, actually fell for it yourself, or attempted to joke around, I can't say. Just in case it was intended as a joke, I'll leave it open. But let's make sure it's known to be a fabrication.

Etc., your extensive use of the name Chimart elsewhere on the board is already drawing some attention. Don't post anymore links to this thread as factual support of your use of it. It only took about three minutes to learn the truth. You could have done that yourself.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
it was simply satire, parody, humor to make a point -- which sorely needed to be made.

you don't call Saturday Night Life "news" and complain about the inaccuracy of the skit.

I thought it was funny, attention-getting, and people wouldn't be so obtuse and "get it" without an explanation.

this is more important than SNL skits though, since what was once called "Bring it Home to the USA" is now practically a Chinese outlet.

All these lights probably cost a buck to make at most, probably less considering the labor. Why do you think Intel outsources there? Ever heard of Laogai?

You know, US could have an enourmous impact on chinese human rights and such by threatening to not import any of their stuff - that would get their attention quickly. Any other talk about human rights is just double talk, lies, deceit.

But I am hypocrite as much as anyone else. I get lots of things made there, from shoe to cell phones. Lights included (of course) All of my Lights are from asia, with the exception of 1 (one).

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming .....

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
doesn't surprise me that this wasn't real. I was thinking that if it did happen, that would be really whack. As with anything I hear I belive it when I see it. They say they are going to build another wal-mart super store in our town. When it's up I'll care. Until then, eh so what? About all I can do is imagine if it is up, it's a little closer to me. heheh.

and who is boby bixby? hhaha