Klarus        

Thread: Ooh, me likey! M2+C2+Detonator+W/E

Flashaholic*

Default Ooh, me likey! M2+C2+Detonator+W/E

Just got all the parts tonight to make this. I really like the beam of the Wolf-Eyes 9V LA...it's much smoother than any of the SF LAs I've seen (P60, P61, P90, MNxx). The color of the Detonator isn't a perfect match w/ my C2 which has the older ODG HA Nat, but it still looks damn nice! The M2 head looks sooooo nice. I don't think it's any different in throw than the C2 head, but it looks so much nicer and it's nice to know it's shock isolated now. This new creation combined w/ my TL-3 is a perfect xenon combo. The TL-3 is a 170-190 lumen thrower while the SF-M2/C2/Detonator w/ W/E's 9V LA is a 190-200 lumen floodier light and both are still decently sized to carry. I'm really loving this light! Anyways, blah blah blah, here's the pics...

Streamlight: TL-3 Xenon, Vital Stream Scorpion-FB1, Scorpion LED SSC P4, KeyMate Silver (Nichia CS)
    Nuwai: 2x QIII TWOH (Green and Titanium), TM-313X Ti (QV1J DD 14500)
    Surefire: M2+C2-HA+Detonator, E2D, VG FB1+EXe, VG FB3+E2C+C2
    Vital Gear F2, Huntlight FT01, Jetbeam Jet1 AA and 123A, Fenix E1 (Silver), Luxogen LR5A-3W & LR12 CR2 (SCC P4), Spiderfire LR8, NexTorch Z1, Gerber Infinity Ultra (2x Green), Dae's UV 12LED
    Emergency Kit & Knives Pics - Lights & Knives Pics - Small Knife/Lights

Default Re: Ooh, me likey! M2+C2+Detonator+W/E

nice

Looks sweet, thats a nice lego build you got there. Glad you had a good use for the detonator extender, it looks good on that light. Lets see some beamshots...

Flashaholic

nice sf lego there! i actually like the color of the detonator, gives the whole light a certain special feel to it, like its meant to be a bit off color to give it uniqueness... now show us the beamshots!

mark

Flashaholic*

ok ok, I'll try to get beamshots tomorrow...sheez!...you impatient people! I put off counting the RSVPs I got for my wedding that's 3 weeks away to take these shots already...ooh, the fiance's gonna kill me...I can hear it now..."what the hell are you doing?...why are you taking pictures while shining a light on the wall?...get back to counting RSVPs and creating the seating charts!"

p.s. and yes, I have a very messy house...another thing my fiance keeps telling me to do (clean up!) while I'm playing w/ my lights.
    Streamlight: TL-3 Xenon, Vital Stream Scorpion-FB1, Scorpion LED SSC P4, KeyMate Silver (Nichia CS)
    Vital Gear F2, Huntlight FT01, Jetbeam Jet1 AA and 123A, Fenix E1 (Silver), Luxogen LR5A-3W & LR12 CR2 (SCC P4), Spiderfire LR8, NexTorch Z1, Gerber Infinity Ultra (2x Green), Dae's UV 12LED

got any beam shots yet?

id like to see the differnce between this and the p90.

BTW what is the price differnce between a wolf eyes 9volt and a surefire p90?

thanks
    Last edited by benchmade_boy; 01-02-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Flashaholic*

bm_boy - check out www.pts-flashlights.com for the W/E 9V prices...I think they're about $13 each. My web connection at work is crappy today, otherwise I'd check. Sorry, no beamshots yet...the wedding prep got crazy. And since then, there's been a ton of things to do. I'll try to take pics of the W/E's 9V LA tho soon. I don't have a P90 (sold it), so no comparo...unless my friend brings his light.
    Also take a look in the manufacturer's corner at Lumens Factory's LAs. I'm looking to pick up some of these as they're rated at 320 and 380 bulb lumens vs. the W/E's 200 bulb lumens for the 9V LA that fits the C/Z/M/G-series heads.

cool, thanks jsr. no hurry in the beamshots just wanted to know how it looked.

thanks!

Nice set up... I'm running a detonator extender , P91, 2X AW 17500 rechargeables on my 6P. Although its not something easy to put in your pocket if you know what I mean.

Flashaholic*

Ok, took a couple of pics...one is at normal exposure and the other at 2-stops down. There was some ambient light from downstairs tho. The pic of the beam looks like it has a really hot spot, but it actually doesn't. It transitions very smoothly from hotspot to spill...almost a wall of light, but with enough of a hotspot to maintain some good throw. I think the white balance of my camera was off and is the reason for the strange color (non-incan like) and maybe the reason why the hotspot looks so bright. Anyways, some pics...

The beam actually looks a lot like SF's. I also run mine on 2x 17500s from Mark at e-lectronics.net.

NAW - nice light! Yup, not exactly easily pocketable, especially since mine has the larger M2 head. The Detonator makes it a bit hard to stick in your pockets too. But I've taken it on late night runs to Rite-Aid and Ralphs.

Quote Originally Posted by NAW
    Nice set up... I'm running a detonator extender , P91, 2X AW 17500 rechargeables on my 6P.
    How long run time for P91? with 17500?
    My N2(105lumen) with 2x17500 50-55min.

I get 25 - 26 minutes with the P91 / (2) 17500's. Output at 24 minutes is similar to that of the P90 with fresh cells.