Is P1 the only WELL-regulated SHORT LuXIII Avail. ??

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:):grin2:

The Luxogen LR-5 is as short in size as Fenix P1 .

But it's not regulated (very well)- and it's light engine broke when I tried to remove it .

The P1 is still having some reported problems in this forum .
So I have not bought one .(yet)

Is there any WELL-REGulated short/compact single 123cell , Lux III out there ....... that I have missed ????

Prefferably with Low and High output ???

............................ TMG/:grin2:

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is P1 the only regulated SHORT 3-Watter Avail. ??

The Pierce M10.

Quite a nicely built light, by the way. Very smooth and solid.

Edit: Post #666!

Last edited:

Somy Nex

Enlightened

for two-stage, definitely the Pierce, and also the Orb Raw (the original does use a CR123 right? or is it a CR2...). the DSpeck FireFlyIII is also quite short for its size, but it's more of a quasi-regulation. Maybe a FireFlyII with the appropriate sandwich.

for single-stage, maybe the jetbeam with CR123 tube, or the peak caribbean with pocket body.

i've found the P1 really is among the shortest/smallest CR123 lights out there, here's a pic:

As for regulation, the HDS regulation is truly a wonder to behold. but it would seem from TIN's review & runtime graphs that the P1's regulation isn't too shabby either. From TIN's and Quickbeam's reviews, it seems the P1's circuit is very similar to the Peak Caribbean's. pretty similar output and runtimes, and a very flat runtime curve while in regulation.

LGCubana

Enlightened

TooManyGizmos said:

The Luxogen 3-w is as short in size as Fenix P1 .

But it's not regulated -.
From 1st post
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/125779
- Runtime: 1 hour of regulated light output, plus several hours of dimming light

Do you have a referance that it's not regulated ?
TooManyGizmos said:
The P1 is still having many reported problems in this forum .
So I have not bought one .
I had one that I received DOA last month. 4Sevens replaced it with a fully functional unit the very next day.
From my survey of the current threads, there are very few issues with the P1. If there is one (or more) particular thread(s) that is causing you concern, please post it.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Enlightened

TooManyGizmos said:
The P1 is still having many reported problems in this forum .
So I have not bought one .

Besides the sporadic DOA ones and the lone bad threaded p1, I havent seen that many to be honest with you. You're missing out on a great light. I strongly suggest you go get one.

X Racer

Enlightened

I have two P1s and both are great, fantastic light for the money. No reason to avoid it in my eyes.

Pierat

Newly Enlightened

I run my P1 rechargeable. The threads are delicate.... if your really worried, drop some o-ring safe lubricant on the threads. Otherwise ive had it for several months and use it constantly. Have had no problems at all

carrot

Flashaholic

Don't worry about it. Buy the P1 from Fenix-Store.com and if any problems turn up, 4sevens will take care of it.

LED BriCK

Enlightened

I'm pretty sure the Jetbeam MkII is available with 123 and 2-stage. I'm not sure if you need to buy the AA and then get the 123 tube as an accessory or not, but it might still be cheaper than the other options.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't tell whether the FF3 in the above picture is the standard of pocket body version. The pocket body (no keychain lug or surrounding sleeve) is 65mm x 20mm. Fenix says the P1 is the same size. Pierce says the M10 is 63.5 mm x 22.2mm.

The FF3 has three available output levels, of which two are user-programmable to 1 of 15 settings.

Re precise type of regulation used on P1, M10 or FF3, what is our confidence level we understand exactly what that is?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to chime in with a link to the thread where I posted my own measurements of the P1 and M10. I found that the P1 is ever so slightly smaller.

Blazer

Enlightened

X Racer said:
I have two P1s and both are great, fantastic light for the money. No reason to avoid it in my eyes.

X2
Got it in the kydex dual holster on my belt right now.

Somy Nex

Enlightened

joema said:
I can't tell whether the FF3 in the above picture is the standard of pocket body version. The pocket body (no keychain lug or surrounding sleeve) is 65mm x 20mm. Fenix says the P1 is the same size. Pierce says the M10 is 63.5 mm x 22.2mm.

The FF3 has three available output levels, of which two are user-programmable to 1 of 15 settings.

Re precise type of regulation used on P1, M10 or FF3, what is our confidence level we understand exactly what that is?

Sorry, I should've specified. The FF3 there is the key-lug style :)

GrooveRite

Enlightened

Nice collection of lights Somy Nex! I hope to have them all some day :whistle:

cy

Flashaholic

sorry don't have a P1 to include in picture. included fenix for a direct size comp.

ARC LS with twisty was the original shorty luxeon light. Amazing ARC's timeless design is still among the shortest regulated 1x CR123 light available.

arc ls comp 2.JPG

zulu45

Enlightened

carrot said:
Don't worry about it. Buy the P1 from Fenix-Store.com and if any problems turn up, 4sevens will take care of it.

+1, 4sevens at Fenix-Store.com is great. Fast shipping, and great support. For Fenix lights, I only consider buying from him.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

On account of its price, size and performance the P1 is probably the most sold than any other of it`s type. You would expect to hear of more problams. But I have never heard of anyone not being satisfide in the end. Dealers have been very good at taking care of the problems/replacing the defective ones quickly. I would agree with members who are advising not to have fear. Many very happy CPF`ers own the P1.

Ken

Martini

Enlightened

Just look at Fenix-Store's bestseller list. The Natural P1 is #1, and the black P1 is #4. Combined, it outsells the other Fenixes by a pretty wide margin.