Inova T2 and new X0 same except reflector/styling?

mmace1

Enlightened
That's all, I've seen the flashlightreviews.com reviews on each. So just wondering if the Inova T2 & the new version of the X0 are still essentially the same light (same circuits, etc.), aside from:

reflector in the X0
different exterior styling
different tailcaps

Are the output differences on flashlightreviews.com just due to the luxeon lottery?

equally durable?

Any other differences?

Just considering one of these lights as an additional general use light. (meaning it gets to do everything, inside, outside, you name it!). Thanks!

Illum

Flashaholic
XO-R [LuxI Bin: n/a] http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_xo-r.htm
Material: HA-III
Features: Flat machined panels on sides, lanyard hole in tailcap
Switch: Twisty with momentarily function, LOTC capable
Bezel [business end] characteristics: reflector SS bezel ring.
runtime: Full regulation 5H-40M to 50% [output around +/- 100% most of the time]
throw: 620 lux or equivalent
overall output: 2400 [comparison chart]
weight: 4.4 oz with batteries

T2 [LuxI] [Bin: n/a] http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_t.htm
Material: HA-III
Features: Textured kurling, lanyard hole in tailcap
Switch: Clickie with momentarily function, LOTC capable
Bezel [business end] characteristics: TIR optics.
runtime: Steady regulation 5H-51M to 50% [output around +/- 95% most of the time]
throw: 725 lux or equivalent
overall output: 1720 [comparison chart]
weight: 5.1 oz with batteries

from the output, the two lights are on par with each other...from what I see as I test lights one again another....i can say Dougs measurements as difference between throw isnt really observable unless the lux value in difference its over 150-200.:awman:
kurling wise, it doesnt really provide much grip...as the checkering are not as agressive as they should be, users buy then for cosmetic reasons i guess.:ohgeez:
For beam characteristics, the TIR optics produce the noteworthy concentric rings around a centralized hotspot, the smooth parabolic reflector in the XO-R, on the other hand, produce "Output in the form of a very nice white spot of light which has a bright center and wide spillbeam."
Note Quickbeam's runtime graph, the XO-R's regulation begins at 100% and stays there for the majority of its runtime, while the T2 begins at 100% but dips below around 95% for most of its runtime, there maybe the outcome of utilizing different binned luxeons resulting in different Vin and load times.
Both lights use lithium batteries, 'nough said.:huh:

Personally I prefer to have the optic systems, as flood may not be the best in some applications...but thats just me.:popcorn:

cheers. :wave:

EDIT: I dont have either of these lights, so im not making any judgement, im simply utilizing the info found on Dougs reviews [see sig]

Last edited:

havand

Enlightened
I put 2xRCR123 in my T2 and it flashed everytime i clicked the tailcap for a splitsecond then goes off. When i put primaries back in, it was BRIGHT. It was pulling something like 1.1A from the batteries after i did this. I'm running it off 2xRCR123 3.0v right now and It seems very comparable to my Jetbeam MK2 on high. Maybe even a little brighter. I think i fried the circuitry in it, but I don't really care. It was bought to be a host and now its so bright i'm debating taking it apart until it breaks. I mean, how much brighter could i reasonably make it? :naughty:

mmace1

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
For beam characteristics, the TIR optics produce the noteworthy concentric rings around a centralized hotspot, the smooth parabolic reflector in the XO-R, on the other hand, produce "Output in the form of a very nice white spot of light which has a bright center and wide spillbeam."

Yeah, that's the part I really don't know about, which beam system I would prefer! I wish I could buy both locally, then be a jerk & return the one I end up likeing less...I'd lean toward the reflector making a better beam for getting around at night, either indoors or out, but I don't know.

Quality-wise are the T2 and X0 they really the same? I'm under the impression the T line is "nicer" than the X line, but is that not the case in this situation?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
mmace1 said:
Yeah, that's the part I really don't know about, which beam system I would prefer! I wish I could buy both locally, then be a jerk & return the one I end up likeing less...I'd lean toward the reflector making a better beam for getting around at night, either indoors or out, but I don't know.

Quality-wise are the T2 and X0 they really the same? I'm under the impression the T line is "nicer" than the X line, but is that not the case in this situation?

Not a darn difference. Only cosmetics. Although despite the manufactor claims, the old XO's were usually a bit brighter and with slightly less runtime than the T2.

Latest posts