SF 8AX or M2

The Wolf

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between these two. I'm leaning toward the 8AX because I'll be using this as my main light (eg going through lots of 123s if I get the M2)

Comments?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before commenting on which light would best suit you needs, what are your needs? Main light... OK...do you work nights? How often will you be using this light? What will the lights primary function be?

There are several members of this forum that will be able to give exact specs each of the lights, pro and cons etc., and various options BUT if you can tell us more of your habits, we will be able to better assess your situation

The Wolf

Newly Enlightened
Well, in thinking about your questions, I may have answered my own question. I had planned to be using it nightly for a short period of time (10-20) minutes out with the dog. I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone and also have a good every day carry light to complement a firearm/spyderco/etc. (very light use).

It's starting to make sense to me to use something cheaper for the every night use (i'd have the m2 with me anyhow), and then have the best possible tactical light for when it really counts. Am I making any sense?
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wolf: If I were using the light for a steady
source, I believe I would lean towards a
rechargeable. Especially with your needs
pushing 20 minutes a night.
I like the M2 very much, I will have mine on
Monday. I've always been attracted to the
"look" of the M2.
Have you thought of the SL Ultra Stinger?
That seems to me a lot of light for the
money.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolf,
My recomendation for you would be the M2 for backup & Surge with NiMH's for your walk every night light. TX

The Wolf

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, that's exactly what I decided last night after reading everything I could find. An M2 should arrive Monday, the 2 surges were dropped from my order, so I'll probably go with TTS, unless someone knows of a non-Botach better deal.