• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED Sell Mini-Mag exotic wood - limited time offering

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Number 6 - taken..paid for .., mailed-delivery confirmation
number 2 - taken..paid for .., mailed-delivery confirmation
number 9 - taken..paid for .., mailed-delivery confirmation
number 5 - taken..paid for.., mailed-delivery confirmation
number 7 - taken..paid for.., mailed-delivery confirmation
number 10 -taken..paid for.., mailed-delivery confirmation
number 8 - taken.. paid for - mailed -global priority mail
number 1 - taken.. paid for .., mailed Global Priority Mail
number 3 - taken..paid for .., mailed delivery confirmation
number 4 - taken ..paid for .., mailed Global Prioity Mail

I have decided to offer these truly unique Mini-Mags for sale. Making these is very time consuming due to the exact nature of fitting the wood pieces to the Mag body. These are not sleeves that fit over the parts, like the wooden pens that are out there. Each Mini-Mag has the body and head cut down creating a long groove. The wood is actually 2 halves that are temporarily held together and bored out to the diameter of the grooves in the body and the head. These pieces are then cut to the exact length of the grooves. Once the fitting is complete the wood is epoxied on the Mini-Mag aluminum head and body. These pieces are then turned down on the lathe. The body is just a straight cut across, slightly larger than the aluminum body. The head is first rounded, then shaped by hand to get that tapered look on the head. The pieces are then sanded 1200 wet or dry give a super smooth finish, then a coat of lacquer. A little more sanding – and a finish coat.

Rules:
I am going to limit this offering to the Maglites I have listed below. This is a first come/first serve based on the response on this thread in the CPF Forum (www.candlepowerforums.com). The items will be held for 24 hours, paypal payment should be made in that time frame. If there is no paypal within 24 hours the item becomes available again.

This will be open until Saturday September 16,2006

Paypal info sent upon request.

( Please include you user name, the item number and description with the payment. Also make sure that address is current or verified. thanks )

Pricing –

The first one will be $43.50, shipping first class with delivery confirmation, to the US included. The second to the same address will $41.50. International orders will be priced on a case by case basis.

Due to the high cost of some of the wood. I will add the following to the basic cost.
Ebony $4.00
Rosewood $2.00
Cocobolo $2.00

1.Pewter(bronze)/Wenge.. 2.Silver/Padauk.. 3.Black/Ash.. 4.Black/Purpleheart.. 5.Silver/Birdseye Maple.. 6.Silver/Rosewood..
six.jpg

7.Silver/Walnut.. 8.Pewter(bronze)/Zebrawood.. 9.Pewter(bronze)/Cocobolo.. 10.Gray/Ebony.. 11.Silver/Cocobolo(very dark)
five.jpg

Last edited:

LouRoy

Enlightened
Re: Sell Mini-Mag exotic wood - limited time offering

Beautiful! I will take #6 please. Just let me know where to send paypal. Thanks!

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like #2 and #9. These are really nice looking. A little led conversion and these will make fine gifts. . PM with total and I'll paypal asap.

antc_tw2002

Newly Enlightened

Here is my silver/Zebrawood. It' real great!

CCW

Newly Enlightened

I will take #7 and #10. Please PM me the payment info. Thanks.

CCW

Newly Enlightened

PP sent. Thanks.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a few more left - I am surprised that the Zebrawood Mini (number 8) has not been taken - that is what most people wanted the first time

CLHC

Flashaholic

Wow! Very Nice. Just wondering if someday you'd do a "chopped" version that'll take the 1/2 AA?

Enjoy!

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened

I'll take #8 Zebrawood. Please PM me.

Thanks,:sold:

aileron

Newly Enlightened

I'll take #1 and #11.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

only 3, 4, and 11 left..

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to add a little about these lights.

I had to repair my dishwasher the other day. One of the tools I used was the first wood mini I made. It fell a few times on the floor, it got wet, (not submerged in water) I dried it off and all is well.

The wood on these lights had been treated with Danish oil, and then lacquered, they are not waterproof. Like any finished wood product, if they are left wet, the wood will discolor and get a haze to it. Once the wood dries it is usually fine.

The wood is softer than the anodized aluminum that the Maglites are made of. If the wood is hit with a sharp object, or the corner of something it will most likely dent. The wood has been epoxied to the aluminum and should be pretty stable.

Wood and Heat is not a good combination. Heat can cause the remaining moisture in the wood to evaporate. This can cause the wood to crack. All the wood I used has been dried and under normal circumstances there should be no problems. I probably would not leave one of these in the glove box in a car.

These all work and require a little extra care, but not too much, just be careful with them...

LouRoy

Enlightened

Will, my light just arrived--the #6 silver/rosewood. This is a BEAUTIFUL light!!! Much nicer in person than in the picture. Thanks so much for making these. Please make some more--I now wish I had bought some of the others that are already gone.

Now I just need to upgrade the electronics to match the beauty on the exterior. Thanks again for your nice work! :thumbsup: :bow:

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I picked #2 and #9 and must say... although I am not a mag fan, I really like these!

WillM has done a beautiful job of mounting the wood for a perfect fit. I had to use a loupe to see the seam.

I bought them with the intent on adding a few goodies I had laying around so...here they are.

My terrible pictures don't do these any justice!

First I took some IMS reflectors no longer being used in my cubs and removed the three fins.
IMG_3125.jpg

Then I bored out the head just a bit to allow the reflector to seat nearly flush.
IMG_3118.jpg

Then I added the T-Bin Badboy sandwich, UCL, and kroll....
IMG_3116.jpg

Now they really shine.
IMG_3110.jpg

Last edited:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take No. 3. Just pm me with your paypal address.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

no fair using a loupe to see the seam.

I learned that when Mag turns the heads down, they grab on the inside front.

This has been an interesting project for me. I was able to combine two of my interests into something different, now - I have all these wood chips and aluminum scrap...

enjoy your lights......

I did a few with some 'green' Koa wood. I have to let the wood dry out some before I can really do this.

koa.jpg

Actually - this shows the wood better.

fry.jpg

Last edited: