Orb Raw - Cool little light, and WOW!!!

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
All right, grant it, you all already know this but I'm going to say it anyway. Orb makes one seriously fantastic little light and Rod really knows how to take care of his customers!

A while back I started the thread "Orb Raw - Cool little light but, hmm..." when my brand new Orb Raw failed to outperform either of my Fenix P1s or my Surefire U2 on level 4. Long story short, Rob read the post and said to return in. About 3 weeks later and another 6 pounds sterling for the U-bin upgrade (how could I pass that up?), I've got a bitty little pocket rocket that matches my U2 on level 6 (!!!!!!!) for output. All I've got to say is WOW!

Great little light Orb, and thank you for the truly first rate customer service Rod!

A VERY satisfied customer,
John C.
Whicita, KS

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too, love both my ORB RAWs.

If you think the white is bright, you just have to get a red one - easily the brightest of all my torches. I run it on a CR2 primary, as it seems to shut down on high with the RCR2's hot off the charger. Rob suggested this, and I have never looked back. Incredibly bright! It should work with the rechargeables once they have been depleted a bit in the white one though.

Roll on the next light engine from Rob. We await with interest.

Be lucky...