3AAA and 3aaaa battery carrier tip

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading some where that these carriers were unliked/fragile/pain to use.I have a coast V10 that runs on 3AAAA batts.I like the size and feel of its stainless steel,I even like the optic for some tasks.Well I read to try a LION instead of the battery carrier and that a XX500 length was about the same size, first I tried a 18500, to fat for AAAA, probably will fit AAA. Then I treid a 14500 lion in the coast, WOW, it fits great and its a lot brighter!(only a little shimming needed):) So 3x1.5=4.5v VS a lion 4.10 or so off the charger and rechargable and much brighter.This is the way to go! To be fair the AAAA only measured 3.5v they were pretty used but still to bright to be tossed.The lion really was brighter.The light did not get hot after a few minutes, a little warmer than regular batterys,but not hot.

So if you have a 3x battery carrier give this a try,it works for me,no gaurentees for you. Please be aware of the dangers of lions! READ up on them FIRST, if you are unfamiliar with them or how to properly charge them.