more household lightbulb stuff

risby

Newly Enlightened
maybe there should be a separate forum for this interesting topic ... :laughing:

anyway, I'd like to know if anybody could tell me where to get lightbulb socket adapters. there are screw-in (edison) and bayonet styles and there are large and small versions of both of these. I am for ever buying candle shaped bulbs with screw-in terminals when I need bayonet :oops:or small eddies when I need fat eddies.

I know I'm an idiot for not listing what I need before I go out but adapters would allow me to use up some of my ever accumulating pile of otherwise useless bulbs.

Rando

Enlightened
Is the bayonet-style household bulb a UK thing? I know that there are different sizes of screw-in bulbs in the US for some bulbs such as ceiling fans or bathroom mirrors, but I'm not aware of household bulbs that use a bayonet style terminal.

risby

Newly Enlightened
Rando said:
Is the bayonet-style household bulb a UK thing?
Well, not just UK.
There's an example about two-thirds of the way down this page Incandescent light bulb
wiki said:
BC or B22 or double-contact bayonet cap, used in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and the UK for most 220–240V mains lamps and is used in the US for certain 120V lamps in appliances such as sewing machines and vacuum cleaners.
Good gollups, even your vacuum cleaners have lights in.