TerraLUX MaxStar3 DB-3W performance vs. MagLED's

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
The "MagLED vs Standard Maglite with LED drop in" thread got me curious about this because I think I'd rather have a 3C MagLED, size-wise. I've only seen 2D and 4D MagLEDs in my area (maybe that's all there are?), but obviously I can get the incan version and upgrade it. As such, should I get the MagLED drop-in or the MaxStar3 DB-3W? IS there a performance difference?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you've been going to Home Depot?
They only stock the 2 and 4 D upgrade modules and the 4 D light (along with the 3AA Mag LED.) You might want to try checking Target or Wal*Mart, I think both of them are carrying the 3 Cell versions in both upgrade modules and lights. I understand they are also starting to show up at Lowes (albeit at some premium prices.)

Insofar as differences between the Mag LED and the Diamond/Terralux, it would probably be best to reference http://www.flashlightreviews.com/features/chart_manu.htm I think you'll see that there isn't much difference, and certainly not enough to be distinguish with the naked eye.

Kitchener said:
The "MagLED vs Standard Maglite with LED drop in" thread got me curious about this because I think I'd rather have a 3C MagLED, size-wise. I've only seen 2D and 4D MagLEDs in my area (maybe that's all there are?), but obviously I can get the incan version and upgrade it. As such, should I get the MagLED drop-in or the MaxStar3 DB-3W? IS there a performance difference?

Last edited: