got a great, cheap computer ...

wquiles

Flashaholic
I recently took advantage of the Labor Day "madness" and bought a Compaq SR1910NX at COMP USA. From $399, it went to $179 after rebates (which I already sent!). I finished removing all of the "crap" (I can say this word herein the cafe, right?) that they install on it, and put a fresh copy of WinXP Pro. After loading the right drivers, it works beautiful. It replaces an older PC for my wife and it is not only pretty fast for anything she would want, but "extremely" quiet, but has tons of USB 2.0 ports, 100GB SATA drive, built-in audio, and built-in 10/100 Ethernet (as well as 56K modem that I ripped off as soon as I openned the case!) => everything a PC should have :rock:

Super value at a super low price :naughty:

Will

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Depending on your specific applications, there are definitely some good deals out there if one is a wise consumer and patient!!

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
wonder if this deal with rebates at comp usa is still valid?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
allthatwhichis said:
:goodjob:

I spent more than than on a CPU the other day... :ohgeez: I do with computers what some men do with mucle cars though... :grin2:
...except that your version is much cooler. IMHO, of course.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good deal!

I enjoy tinkering so I build my systems. Thinking about it...that $$ could have bought a pretty nice flashlight...:shakehead ;)

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
allthatwhichis said:
:goodjob:

I spent more than than on a CPU the other day... :ohgeez: I do with computers what some men do with mucle cars though... :grin2:

You turn them into wonderful hot rods and then only use them on the weekends?