• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:HA-III 6P (bored for 18650 and Aleph heads), A19, UX1L DD LE - SOLD!

wquiles

Flashaholic
For sale, my just finished and unique combo:
- Custom 6P body HA-III, bored out for 18650 cells, and threaded to accept Aleph heads directly without any adapters, by Chop :naughty:
- A19 Head HA-III
- Custom copper core Direct Drive LE with a tested UX1L 3W emiter

I have adjusted the reflector for optimum focus with this particular LED and the LE is adjusted to take the protected 18650 cells (as shown below) without any magnets or anything else - direct fit!

Assembled light:
IMG_6778.JPG

DD LE:
IMG_6780.JPG

Light in pieces:
IMG_6781.JPG

View of inside custom 6P body - cell goes only through the tailcap:
IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

The light is perfect except for this tiny nick when I assembled the A19 head, and these two very small imperfections on the inner side of the ring:
IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

Look at how nice and even is the HAIII compared to my M6, which is of course NOT part of this sale!:
IMG_6787.JPG

And my standard beamshot comparison. Canon Rebel XT, manual mode, F5.6, 2sec, on tripod.
- CR2 Ion - High:
IMG_5772.JPG

- Fenix L1P:
IMG_5774.JPG

Lumaray FL6:
IMG_6490.JPG

Lumaray FL12
IMG_6492.JPG

BOG 3W:
IMG_6600.JPG

(THIS IS THE LIGHT FOR SALE)Custom bored-out HAIII 6P, Aleph 19 head, UX1L DD on custom copper HS:
IMG_6601.JPG

Price: $249, includes shipping, insurance, in the CONUS. Please PM if outside the USA - problably $10-15 more. Paypal only. Cash or credit, same price.

SOLD !!!

Paypal payment to: wquiles [at] hotmail {dot} com

First post here with "I will take it", with no reservations, questions, takes light. Posts here take priority over emails/PM's.

Will

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: FS:HA-III 6P (bored for 18650), A19, UX1L DD LE

I had it first done in HAIII and then had it "worked" by Chop ;)

Note that you can put any Aleph head on this body, directly, without adapters :naughty:

Will

s.duff

Enlightened
Re: FS:HA-III 6P (bored for 18650 and Aleph heads), A19, UX1L DD LE

wow, that is some performance!

wquiles

Flashaholic

s.duff said:
wow, that is some performance!
Yes, indeed ;)

I specifically picked one particular LED from the ones I tested in my Lightbox due to its VF being optimal for being driven from a single 18650 LiIon cell. I then did a 24-hour burn-in of the particular LED which game me a 5% increase in brightness and a 9% decrease in power usage. Since it is DD, there is no heat from the converter - the light remains warm but not hot, and given the relatively flat discharge rate from the 18650 cell, I would estimate about a 1 1/2 to two hours of usable light before the protected circuit in the 18650 cell would trigger :D

Will

easilyled

Flashaholic

Would the bezel ring be interchangeable with those of the PD Mclux's?

03lab

Enlightened

VERY nice! Wish I had the $$. ;)

wquiles

Flashaholic

easilyled said:
Would the bezel ring be interchangeable with those of the PD Mclux's?
I honestly don't know. If it were the same diameter it should as most pieces are all 20PTI. I just don't have another bezel ring to try.

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic

Kryosphinx said:
Sooo.... how much would you sell the body for?
I will sell you the body only for $270 and throw all of the other parts for free ;)

Will

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:HA-III 6P (bored for 18650 and Aleph heads), A19, UX1L DD LE (reduced!)

Nice light!! I have noticed that DD lights do stay a lot cooler than with a driver. Only DD light I have that gets hot is my tri-lux, running at 3amps!! hehe. My 2C cyan when the cells aren't hot off the charger, I measured at 3.8 amps! Only 1 of those amps is going to the luxeon!! Rest are by drivers.

I see it was HA, but the laser engraving still shows through! cool!
EDIT: shows through on the tail cap, and barely on the body. I take it the tailcap is from another light? hmmm.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, that's a very cool light and interesting combo of parts. I can't afford anything that pricey, but good luck with the sale.

wquiles

Flashaholic

IsaacHayes said:
Nice light!! I have noticed that DD lights do stay a lot cooler than with a driver. Only DD light I have that gets hot is my tri-lux, running at 3amps!! hehe. My 2C cyan when the cells aren't hot off the charger, I measured at 3.8 amps! Only 1 of those amps is going to the luxeon!! Rest are by drivers.

I see it was HA, but the laser engraving still shows through! cool!
EDIT: shows through on the tail cap, and barely on the body. I take it the tailcap is from another light? hmmm.
Yes, I understand first hand what you mean. I recently was working with a Downboy 1000mA and could not keep my finger on it after 1-2 minutes!. The converter heat at 1000mA is not something to ignore ;)

Before sending to Chop for the very expensive custom work, the 6P I bought here in the forums from a HAIII run of SF parts about a year ago or so. The tailcap is a standard HAIII SF part that just happens to have the same "tint" as the other HAIII parts in this light :D

Will

Leef

Enlightened
Re: FS:HA-III 6P (bored for 18650 and Aleph heads), A19, UX1L DD LE (reduced again!)

Is it as great as you say? Okay, Will, I'll take a chance! :sold:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: FS:HA-III 6P (bored for 18650 and Aleph heads), A19, UX1L DD LE (reduced again!)

Leef said:
Is it as great as you say? Okay, Will, I'll take a chance! :sold:
I just received your payment. Thanks much. It "is" a very nice and unique light :D

Since you are local here in Dallas, we can meet so that I can deliver it in person if you like. If not convenient, I will still ship it to you for free - your call. My email is the same as my Paypal email ;)

Will

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap. How did i miss this thread? (smirk) Whenever you get tired of it Leef, let me know.