Smallest 5w light?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug said:
Who makes the smallest 5w light?
:):grin2::)

Possibly the Nuwai , TM-301X-5 ...... nice flood beam/sidespill/and no donut hole (per QuickBeam !)

Reasonable price ..... has a pocket clip & pouch .............

Or the EXpensive U2 Surefire

................................................... TMG/:grin2:

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
TW4. Take the head off of an L4 or buy a KL4 head and use a E1E/E1L body, Vital Gear FB1, or Aleph 1x123A body, and run it with a 3.7 lithium ion R123A rechargable. Any configuration with the KL4 head and a 1x123A body can be considered a TW4 (I think). The VG FB1 is probably the shortest because the switch is contained within the body and not a seperate piece you screw on.

If I'm not mistaken, every other Lux V light has at least 2xCR123As (not including customs ore mods).

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Commercial or custom? I have a very small Lux V but it may be the only one out there so it wouldn't help you much if you are looking to get one.

-LT

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it anything interesting or that has been posted before? Picture?
Lunal_Tic said:
Commercial or custom? I have a very small Lux V but it may be the only one out there so it wouldn't help you much if you are looking to get one.

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just a one off KI LE with an underdriven LuxV X bin and an orange peel reflector. If you've seen one of the KIs then you've seen this, only the internals are different.

-LT

Chao

Enlightened
Planterz said:
TW4. Take the head off of an L4 or buy a KL4 head and use a E1E/E1L body, Vital Gear FB1, or Aleph 1x123A body, and run it with a 3.7 lithium ion R123A rechargable. Any configuration with the KL4 head and a 1x123A body can be considered a TW4 (I think). The VG FB1 is probably the shortest because the switch is contained within the body and not a seperate piece you screw on.

I second TW4 with FB1 body :thumbsup:, if you don't care the short runtime (around 20 miin)

dwminer

Enlightened
Go to the GOOGLE SEARCH above and type in TW4 and do the CPF only search. You will find more information than you want.
Dave

JanCPF

Enlightened
Here is what you do: Buy an E1e from oldgrandpajack or lighthound, and a R123 Li-ion cell with a nano charger or DSD charger from AW or lighthound. Then watch out for a good KL4 head or complete L4 flashlight in BST with nice white donut free output, and you're all set. True pocket rocket high quality wall of light :naughty: Just DON'T put that R123 in the E1e with the normal bezel on it, as you WILL burn out the lamp assembly.

Jan

Last edited:

Doug

Enlightened
Commcercial or custom, does not matter ;)

Lunal_Tic said:

-LT

Doug

Enlightened
Yeah, I just learned this reently :( ... don't be surprised if you see a gunmetal E1 in SELL with a dead lamp :(

JanCPF said:
Just DON'T put that R123 in the E1e with the normal bezel on it, as you WILL burn out the lamp assembly.

Jan

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this light in my pocket now and it's small and powerful!!

We were chasing a spider in the office today with it (on a random note) LOL

Planterz said:

If I'm not mistaken, every other Lux V light has at least 2xCR123As (not including customs ore mods).

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
JanCPF said:
Here is what you do: Buy an E1e from oldgrandpajack or lighthound, and a R123 Li-ion cell with a nano charger or DSD charger from AW or lighthound. Then watch out for a good KL4 head or complete L4 flashlight in BST with nice white donut free output, and you're all set. True pocket rocket high quality wall of light :naughty: Just DON'T put that R123 in the E1e with the normal bezel on it, as you WILL burn out the lamp assembly. Jan

this sounds good I am starting to get the idea. I think I need to get an E1e and then add a KL3, KL4 Green LED!! I haven't seen a 5 watt GREEN LED yet.

JanCPF

Enlightened
tsask said:
this sounds good I am starting to get the idea. I think I need to get an E1e and then add a KL3, KL4 Green LED!! I haven't seen a 5 watt GREEN LED yet.
tsask,
The KL3 won't fit onto the e-series bodies. If you want more throw on an E-series body you'll need the KL1 which by the way also runs perfectly in full regulation on one R123 cell.

Jan

wquiles

Flashaholic
The only caveat with the "smallest" 5W light is heat. The TW4 gets way too hot within 10 minutes of use. If you search for "hot" and "KL4" you will find "plenty" of folks who have complained about this.

Now, if you are driving it at say no more than 500mA, then you might have something more usefull, efficient, and confortable to use ;)

Will

Doug

Enlightened
What does the KL3 fit? Is it a 5w? Right now I am using a KL5 on a McLux TK body (with C2E adaptor of course ;)) .... That works very well, I have an E1 body and a CR2 body as well I can use... I just purchased a L4 from someone, so I can see how the KL4 head works out... now I just need some more 1x123 bodies, and a McE2S....