Maglite 3c with Luxeon K2 6.5 watts

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it would harm the light. However, I still wouldn't recommend buying one of these. I haven't heard of the K2 modules being much better, and they sometimes take months to arrive.

Instead, I would recommend the Luxeon III DB-3W on that same site or a MagLED. I have both, and the MagLED is is brighter, whiter, and better focused. It was also a lot easier to obtain, as I just hopped in the car and picked one up at the nearest Home Depot.

Unless you're using the light all night, every night, you probably won't need rechargeables. These LED modules give the Mags VERY long runtimes.

And lastly, welcome to CPF!

Ppt

Newly Enlightened
First, thanks for your advice Tigershark

I just purchased the K2 today but its Okay, i will be among the first who test it i guess. After some researching i found that Magled doesnt make led module for 3 cell maglite, is that correct?
And will using high-cap nimh battery keep the flashlight shine brighter & longer?

Btw, I see that you live in the bay area too, i live in Danville.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag makes the MagLED module for 2-, 3-, and 4-cell lights. You just have to find a store that carries them. You could try Home Depot, Fry's, Wal*Mart, or Target.

NiMHs might give slightly better output and runtime, but their self-discharge makes them unsuited to "now and again" usage. It's also a lot easier to find non-rechargeable C and D cells! :grin2:

And, uh, I don't know where Danville is. If you could give me a direction and distance from 94087, that would help a bit.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a bit north of San Ramon along the 680 corridor. From Sunnyvale it would be 237-880-680.

TigerhawkT3 said:
And, uh, I don't know where Danville is. If you could give me a direction and distance from 94087, that would help a bit.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have kind of stayed away from K2, since the 4seven group buy fell through.

I fancy trying one of the K2 mag lite drop-ins, but the site in post 1, directs you to an EU website that appears not to sell the K2 drop-in.

is their any other US websites that sell the K2 drop-in that ships to the UK.

thankyou.

John.

Ppt

Newly Enlightened
Danville is in east bay, you're in Southbay. I also go to Mountain View a lot, i'm sure you know where is it.

I think there is only one website that sells the K2 currently but you could try ebay although the seller who sells K2 appear to be the same one as the website.