Dyson the best or what?

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordred an basic Dyson DC07 origin.

I have had an DC01 for years but it`s getting a bit tatty, I have only replaced the belt once.

the new Dyson`s come with a 5year parts and labour warranty, they send a repair man to you house within 3 days.

I made sure i ordered one without the brush control as the clutch mechanism can be a weak point.

anyway i think Dysons are great.

regards.

John.

Loomy

Enlightened
Consumer Reports rates Dysons as near-the-top. The top rated brands above Dyson are two Kenmores, an Electrolux, a Eureka, and a Hoover. The top Dyson is a DC15 in 6th place, but this is out of 38 vacuums, the worst of which also include a Eureka and a HooVer. The #1 CR Best Buy is a "Kenmore Progressive with Direct Drive 35922". (October 2006 issue)

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine refurb at amazon for a steal. Works great. Wouldn't pay full price tho.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
you can buy dysons by the bucketload on ebay..most models used & faulty
wouldnt pay full price myself though

the original ones DC01/04 were made in the UK ..were generally more robust in construction IMO......new models as I understand, are made in the far east ( profits again!!!).. quality has suffered although you get a 5 yrs warranty... perhaps you need IT:lolsign:

cloud

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped buying them when i though they were being made in the far east.

but mr dyson himself came on BBC radio and said that they were made in the UK.

who do you believe, the amount of money you pay for some models makes you think they were made in the UK.:lolsign:

regards.

John.