Fenix p1, watch out.... g&p is hot on your trail

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
No HA3, no mention of glass or coated lens so I assume the lens is plastic. The claimed output needs to be independently verified, as does the claimed run time. I'd be REAL impressed if it could beat a P1 for the total area under the output vs. runtime curve as that's where the P1 really stands out....

I'm sure Fenix is looking over it's potential competitors VERY carefully...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clone is $35 shipped, while the real P1 is just another $10. With HA, different knurling, and a slightly different head and positive contact, I'm QUITE happy with my real P1 from 4sevens.

Bottom line: :tsk:

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can`t beat the service you from David at fenix-store.

I wouldn't buy a fenix from anywhere else, it`s only a pity he doesn't sell HDS.

I wouldn't touch that fake P1 with a ten foot pole.

regards.

John.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like another piece of cheap Cr@p that is being off loaded onto ebay,
for the extra $10..I would go for the Fenix anyday.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah... the pics show dust in the lens, and you can see that the reflector isnt cut perfectly around the led. Man, maybe i shouldnt have bought that scorpion.

-David

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For $10 more you can get the Fenix with HAIII (sorry CF), glass lens, and proven performance and reliability.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheaper, Cheapo. But better or as good...might be. But so far I haven`t seen to many Fenix want to be`s that have been able to measure up in the end. But you never know. Somelight, somewhere, sometime is likely to put the Fenix down for the money. Great find.

Ken

easilyled

Flashaholic
The back of the PCB looks exactly like the P1 from the Fenix - the same rough
solder blocks/blobs - as if it were assembled from the same factory.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Fenix is the best light for LED flashlights below 50USD!

As mentioned by others, just 10 bucks more and you get higher quality with known reputation (reviews from flashies)

I am now a proud owner of an L2T and love i am loving it

FENIX ROCKS! No doubt about it...:rock:

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
Fenix was great but that was until the Magled 2AA arrived! Maglite - the world famous flashlight manufacturer has taken over the LED market! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!:rock:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
xiaowenzu said:
Fenix was great but that was until the Magled 2AA arrived! Maglite - the world famous flashlight manufacturer has taken over the LED market! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!:rock:

really? are you sure? even with poor regulation?

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:

Thinking you knew what you were talking about I went and picked one up at Target this morning. I owned it long enough to get it to the car, insert the batteries, turn it on and return it.

Andy

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boomerang said:
..I owned it long enough to get it to the car, insert the batteries, turn it on and return it...
I don't have one, but the numbers on the 2AA MMLED suggest that it's an OK light. Could you detail your reasons for rejecting the MMLED so quickly? Thanks.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Dito to easyled ... this looks like a perfect copy except the cosmetics of the head, as if made by ther same or a cloned factory. Does Fenix sell re-branded lights?
bernie

zulu45

Enlightened
I gotta say, I love the MMLED. The regulation was shown with alkalines only. The regulation may be much better with NiMH. It's definately become my primary use light. So far, I've been EDCing it for a week, and it's been absolutely great. Also, consider possible improvements in the future for this light. MagLites were never designed to be high-end lights, but affordable, strong, and reliable lights. I think that the MMLED will more than deliver.

As for the P1 clone, I EDC an authentic Fenix P1 from Fenix-Store.com (thanks, David!) and I'll never insult it by using a ripoff.