So I bought an A2....

Illum

Flashaholic
so after comtemplating on the price and fellow CPFer's compliments while eyeing the 5 star reviews of this magnificant light [you rock:rock: Quickbeam!], I decided to buy one....guess who convinced me to do it ;)
Im a little out of pocket money...again:ohgeez:, but at least I know I will be getting a real Surefire...[I dont consider the G2 much of a surefire...anymore:naughty:]

I bought it through OpticsHQ and recieved a notice about the light [A2-HA-WH] being backordered, talk about speedy notices! I don't mind waiting a little while longer but :wow: I'm surprised about the instant alert, thanks alot! :thumbsup:

so anyways, I posted this thread because I wanted to be familar with the light before it comes:popcorn:, so I dont have to learn the ins and outs of this light by the drawing board when it does come. To those CPF-loving A2-Obsessed people out there, can you inform me on the "tricks" on proper feeding and caring for this beauty and possible-problems of the light:grin2:?

:thanks:

I'm :broke: but im :D

Terry M

Newly Enlightened
Hey..... I just ordered my A2 also. Last night and it shipped today from Product Wizard. They paid for 2nd day shipping and are sending 3 packs of CRs with it all for the $195 purchase price. I couldn't pass that up.
Like you, I read such glowing reviews and I sure could use the LED mode to help save some of the high beam juice while on my job. Also like you, I purchased a G2 as my first "real" flashlight. It's great, but I'm slobbering at the thought of getting my hands on that A2.
Hope you enjoy as much as I will.

petery83

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure you'll love the A2! My G2 (which was formerly my EDC) is now relegated to car duty, where it gets little to no use, while my A2 is always in my pocket!

quokked

Enlightened
The A2 is a great little light, make sure you do the Tune up to the A2 as mentioned above and get a V20 holster for it.
I found it too big for pocket carry, (probably cause i carry a lot of stuff)
One thing you might need to know is that when the batteries are nearing 25% capacity the incan goes a little bit funny sometimes, it's a feature not a bug! just change the batteries for more light.

Illum

Flashaholic
Terry Monk said:
Hey..... I just ordered my A2 also. Last night and it shipped today from Product Wizard. They paid for 2nd day shipping and are sending 3 packs of CRs with it all for the $195 purchase price. I couldn't pass that up.
Like you, I read such glowing reviews and I sure could use the LED mode to help save some of the high beam juice while on my job. Also like you, I purchased a G2 as my first "real" flashlight. It's great, but I'm slobbering at the thought of getting my hands on that A2.
Hope you enjoy as much as I will.

Thank you, Ill see once the light gets here:rock:...the slobbering part um :thinking: ....I have not aquired the feeling yet partially because I may have undermined the power of the light....:ohgeez:

petery83 said:
I'm sure you'll love the A2! My G2 (which was formerly my EDC) is now relegated to car duty, where it gets little to no use, while my A2 is always in my pocket!

I fear once the A2 gets here the rest of lights will get little to no use:ohgeez:, with the A2 in my pocket:grin2:

ANW said:
Welcome to the A2 addicts circle of friends:lolsign:

It is an honor to be apart of the A2 addicts, but I never thought I would join this quickly...thanks to my tuber friend here....:huh:

fixman88

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine about 2 weeks ago and it quickly became my favorite! I carry it everywhere, even during the day! It's so powerful it can light up a small hole in the ground in broad daylight! (My sister wanted to see what was at the bottom. It was empty.) I use it when walking between my house and my sisters' house at night (the LEDs are great for that). I am also grateful for the option of pushing the 'hot button' and lighting the incan when I hear a strange noise at a distance (it doesn't stay unidentified for long!) It seems to me to throw a more focused beam than my G2 does! That, and the build quality is beyond excellent! ;)