Mod-a-mag LED?

Cevulirn

Newly Enlightened
I know that mag mods are all the Roar (Of the pelican) over on the incan side of things, but is there any established LED mods? I.E. a dropin LED, and a battery swap to put a 6 cell LED (if they make em?) in a 2c?

Thanks,
Cevulirn

Cevulirn

Newly Enlightened
I don't want to go with multiple reflectors and such, I just want a single LED mag mod that will drop in a 2c host, that will out-gun the m*g-LED's without breaking the bank. I like the look of the space needle II :)

X Racer

Enlightened
Something similar to the space needle is what you want it sounds like. Search around the forums and you will find custom heat sinks, and LEDs can usually be found in the dealers corner...

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
a member here "3rd_shift" used to do mods like that. He will do the job right. The drop ins wont give you adequate heat sinking and the LED will die quickly.

I'm not sure if he's still doing it though. I see him posting once in a while still. So you might want to give him a PM.

Cevulirn

Newly Enlightened
I've read the 'space needle II' instructions, and I understand how the heatsink works. I'd happily go ahead and do that mod, if I could find the proper LED, but I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the technical terms. (Read, I have no F***** idea what most of it meens, aside from the basic votage and watts.)