6-8 inch 200 lumen rechargeable?

bobhere

Newly Enlightened
i have been reading these threads for a few days and i am sooo confused.. i am looking for a light 6-8 inches smaller the better 200 lumen rechargeable. i have been flipping back and forth between a Wolf-Eyes m90 but the 45mm bezel isnt makin me happy then there is the wolf-eyes 9A raider or 9T raider 9D raider , a surefire 6p with the adapter to make it rechargheable but not sure what bulb i can squeeze in it. i just saw a few threads on the streamlight strion then of course theres the digilight t12 and the list goes on anyone have any input here again small lightweight 200 lumen rechargeable

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the G&P Scorpion R500, still waiting for delivery. Rechargeable and about the size of a Surefire M6 I believe and supposed to be 500 lumens, even if it's 300-400 I'll be be happy . From what I hear on this site it's definetly worth the 85.00 or so bucks. With shipping and a car charger I paid 108.00

I'm sure someone will chime in that has this light.

Delvance

Enlightened
The R500 is just a bit over 9 inches. Perhaps the R500S will be shorter than 8 inches though ? I seem to remember someone reporting it uses 18500 cells instead of 18650...so that's 30mm saved just from the cells...hrmm sounds like it might be under 8 inch then.

In that case, how about the R500S ? It looks better than the R500 imho (which already looks pretty good)...you'll probably get high 300 to 400 output lumens from the R500S and runtime will be almost 30 minutes.

bobhere

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the greeting so i have just about decided what im gonna do after much tossin and turnin
thinking.gif
over this i have decided (you guys gonna love this) im gonna buy them all
wink.gif
im gonna start with the wolf-eyes and work my way thru them if i find one that i just love then i keep and stop but if im not so happy im just gonna sell it off and move on to next one and the pila looks good too i was thinkin bout the gl4 pb-300 setup chargers and all for like $160

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, take a look at the TigerLight FBOP. It's an incan, 275 lumens, a real thrower, nice and white (for an incan), HA, 2" reflector, 8" long, and one of my favorite lights. I highly recommend it, although it's not for everyone, and won't be good for every useage scenario. But maybe it's for you? Take a look.

NextLight

Enlightened
If you are looking for a hotwire type solution, the Surefire C3 with a P91 lamp assembly is a "standard" of professionals. The 200 lumen rating is conservative, and the lamp delivers well over this on a fresh set of unprotected 17500 Li-Ions. Runtime is short, but it is a great <7 inch light for confrontational situations. I carry this particular light (with a set of CR123As as backup) most often when I am in a place where I am unable to carry more substantial defensive tools. This solution is often about $180 or so.

For more throw, a tighter hotspot, or a tighter budget, I bought my Streamlight TL-3s on sale at Amazon for less than $50 each. They work great on AWs newer protected 17500s, and they have similar output but longer runtime on the same cells. It is a great light for spotting game on night walks to my suburban community's jacuzzi-pool. Ergomics and durability are good, though not in the same class as Surefire. If plan to use the light a great deal, the TL-3 replacemet lamps are much less expensive than Surefire's P91 lamp. This solution with an AW charger can be had for less than $100 if you shop carefully.

There is more thn one good solution.

bobhere

Newly Enlightened
well i just won a 6p on ebay so i'll need to buy a extension to convert to 9p and i need to upgrade the bulb to the 9p version if i like great if not keep ya eyes open cuz theres gonna be a 6p with extras for sale in few weeks

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolf Eyes 9A or 9T (36mm head) from Pacific Tactical Solutions. If the standard D26 lamp isn't bright enough for you, you can use a Surefire P91...but the P91 is a tight fit--don't screw the head on too tight or you can damage the P91.

If you're willing to trade slimness for added throw, get the 9D instead. Or order the 9A/9T together with a D36 lamp assembly + 42mm bezel (about $24 shipped from PTS, I think) and switch back and forth.

Prefer to run a P91 for 50 minutes instead of 30 minutes? Check out the 8-inch Nextorch RT7 (I think it's called), a 2x18650 Surefire-compatible with a glass lens--under $70 from Emillion, complete with rechargeable 2200mAh cells (protected?) and a charger.

Ah, I see that you've gone the Surefire route...

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Prefer to run a P91 for 50 minutes instead of 30 minutes? Check out the 8-inch Nextorch RT7 (I think it's called), a 2x18650 Surefire-compatible with a glass lens--under $70 from Emillion, complete with rechargeable 2200mAh cells (protected?) and a charger.
SF compatible. Do you just mean the LAs will fit, or dare I hope a SF turbohead will screw right on that 2x18650 body?