• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McGizmo HD45 - UXOK!!!! *MINT* **SOLD**

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale: MINT Condition HD45 UXOK!!

HD45U5.jpg

HD45U3.jpg

HD45U2.jpg

HD45U1.jpg

I am offering this mint condition HD45 (from McGizmo)!!! I am the second owner, but the previous owner owned it only briefly and performed the following mod on the light before I purchased it:

The light originally was built with a stock joker TWOJ. That emitter was removed and the light was modded for use with a non-joker UXOK. The anode contact has also been lowered so this light will run on flat top 18650 cells, unlike the stock DBx2 builds. However, because of this there is no reverse polarity protection because of this, the user assumes any risk for forgetting to properly install the battery! The lux increased by 40%-45% after the mod was completed. This light registers an additional 55% lux over another TWOJ joker HD45 that the modder had compared it to.

Again, the light is in perfect condition. Never carried, only tested around the house some. Decided to keep my HD45 XX1T instead.

The beam is very white, throws AWESOME!!! Adorned with a small peice of SOLAS USCG approved Hi-Vis reflective tape (easily removed).

1xLG 2400mA unprotected 18650 cell included.

ASKING $300 shipped Worldwide!!! ***Reduced: Now $250*** ***SOLD to DimeBag**

Halibut hook not included. :laughing:
I will ship this light out right away via US Priority Mail to US purchasers or Global Priority or EMS (as applicable) to anywhere else.

First "I'll take it" here will get priority!

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Box is clear!! :grin2:

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

Geologist

Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo HD45 - UXOK!!!! *MINT*

Sweet light!

MSax is great seller to deal with! Wish I had the extra cash!

Good luck!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo HD45 - UXOK!!!! *MINT* **Price Drop in Effect**

Thanks Geo!!

Price drop in effect!!!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Re: FS: McGizmo HD45 - UXOK!!!! *MINT*

Wow! Nice light and again I'm :broke:

Some day on the next go 'round. . .Happy Selling!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer bwaites!!

PM answered. Still available!!

pete7226

Enlightened

Couple of questions. 1. Can I also run this with cr123's? if so how many?. 2. does it come with a charger? if not what do you recommend? 3. I have a SRTH on a 9p with a LuxV from Arcmania, how does this or a SF L5 compare to the Hd45 beam

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pete7226,

Thanks for your interest. I'll try to answer your questions, the best I can:

1) The HD45 flashlight uses 2xCR123 or 1x17650 Li-Ion or 1x18650 Li-Ion batteries. I don't beleive you can use 2xR123s.

2) There is no charger available with the package I am offering. I ussually use a Triton to charge my batteries, but I know AW, Lighthound.com and others here at CPF sell an inexpensive (~$20), compact DSD smart charger for LiON batteries.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to do this, so moderators, if I'm crossing any lines please let me know. But here's a link to a decent charger: CLICK HERE!

3) I don't have a SRTH, nor have I ever seen one in person so I can't really say for sure. But I do have a L5 that is W-bin in brightness. That is a very good light to match it up against. My light for sale will have approximately the same size beam overall. However, the HD45 has a smaller hot spot, that is much more intense due to the Lux III vs the Lux V. This light also out throws the L5 by a long shot. The beam quality on the HD45s are really outstanding in my opinion.

Hope that helps you. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

MSax

pete7226

Enlightened

Thanks, I forgot, is it whiter than the L5 which appears somewhat bluish to my eyes

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, I forgot, is it whiter than the L5 which appears somewhat bluish to my eyes

Well that's hard to say. It all depends on the luxeon in your L5. Mine has a warmer tint while yours seems to have a bluer tint. So it really depends on the individual light.

Id catergorize this light as very very white, with maybe a tinge of blue if you compared it to another light that has more of a warmer luxeon in it. Its pretty much what you'd expect from a *XO* binned emitter. Its nice and white.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo HD45 - UXOK!!!! *MINT* **$250**

Dimebag,

Nice catch. You won't be dissappointed.

PM Sent.

MSax