Wondering about the surefire V70

BigJeep

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a surefire Z2, and am looking for a holster for it. The only ones that I have found were misc leather and nylon holsters and the surefire V70. I am looking for a holster to keep the Z2 in a bezel down position (for fast draw).

All the pictures of the V70 that I have seen have the light in a bezel up position. Does anyone have a picture of a V70 with a Z2 in it like I described?

Any thoughts on the V70?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

The V70 and the other "Speed Holsters" use a spring to retain the flashlight.
This is known to scratch the flashlight but in use one has to decide whether the utility of the Speed Holster is more, or less important than the cosmetics of the flashlight (scratched). You could decide that having the flashlight available faster is more important than having it scratch free in a "armed encounter".
a couple of people have reported that the Speed Holsters spring isn't very durable in that it has broken. I have no data to suggest this is a widespread problem. SureFire will replace it if it does. Some people find the Speed Holsters stick the flashlight out too far from the body. However, the design appears to have this very much in mind to ensure it is accessible.

You ask for a photo of a Z2 bezel-down in a V70 and I hope you continue to find CPF helpful in giving you answers.
Here you go!

If you do decide to get an V70 please let us know how you get on with it.

Regards,
Al

Paladin

Enlightened
I have a V71(?) around here somewhere.

My gear gets used often, and I try hard not to be anal about honest wear and tear. But the Surefire metal clip scratching the light body is just plain wrong. Fortunately I learned about it with an older light.

I've been using the Surefire V30 nylon holder for bezel UP carry a short while, and don't find manipulating the light difficult. You will need the size specific to your light. The V30 just happens to fit a KL5/KL3 on a 9P body quite well.

Paladin