• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Mint McGizmo HD45 5W with extras **SOLD**

mbely2

Enlightened
For sale is McGizmo HD45 5W with overachiever WWOT emitter and extras.
It is in like new condition: exactly the same as was received directly from the Sandwich Shoppe: no dings, no scratches, no marks of any kind, clean lens, perfectly centered emitter. Total run-time is about 10 minutes.

Price: SOLD at the price adjusted to the new market condition :)
PayPal preferred: no extra charge for Credit Card payment.
Money Order is also OK. Insurance, if desired, is extra.
Can not be held responsible for damage or lost package during shipment.
First unconditional "I'll take it" gets it.

Sorry, not interested in any trades at this time: right now I need money and this is the reason I am selling this flashlight.

Tint: it is highly subjective, but for my eyes it looks pure white on high stage; a little warmer on low. It it hard to describe tint with words: I can only tell that I don't see any unpleasant hues like green or pink: the most appropriate wording I can think of is the "creamy white tint" on low.
Light pattern is perfect: there is no "hole" at all.

The amount of emitted light on high is AMAZING!
On low stage it is also very bright and makes enough light for most indoor/outdoor applications; should last about 7 hours with fully regulated output. It runs on 2 CR123 or on one 18650(rechargeble) battery.

It was noted a few times in the CPF threads that the WWOT emitters from the batch used in HD45 were overachievers with performance on the border with X... bin. Well, I think this is true, since this particular light hands down outperforms my "lottery winner" SureFire U2 despite the fact that it is driven on higher current on max.

Since flashlight is new, it is not broken-in yet: twisting action can be smoother and two hands are needed to turn light "on" and "off": as far as I know, this is not unusual and rather a common issue for HD45. This one is a rugged flashlight built to withstand all kinds of use and abuse.

Extras included:

- Don's "One Minute Mod", which consists of 2 thick rubber O-rings on flashlight's head and crutch tip on the opposite end.
I found that this simple addition will not only protect flashlight and looks great benefiting the rugged flashlight's design, it also adds to ergonomics: makes it feel great in the hand and improves grip.
Lanyard can be easily attached if desired: there is a deep groove for it under the crutch tip.

- Also included are 2 CR123 lithium batteries used in this flashlight and 3 additional rubber tips; one of them has a hole made for lanyard attachment.

- As a bonus I will add the Battery Tester: it is a simple pocket-sized device that helps separate alive batteries from the dead ones. It works with batteries of all sizes from "D" to Button Cells. Tester is new in a sealed package.

Thanks for looking!

3lights.jpg

Macro.jpg

rear.jpg

Tips.jpg

tester.jpg

Mark

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mint McGizmo HD45 5W with extras **PICS**

crutchtip mod may add to ergonomics but frankly looks ridiculous. :eeew:

pcmike

Enlightened

Does this light sport the new(er) converter that will allow R123s? What are the drive levels? Were xbin HD45s ever offered at the shoppe?

tonyd

Newly Enlightened

Good Luck I love mine for its light output. Wish it had a cliky. These W were overachievers and reportly were only a few % less in light output than the somewhat underachieveing X's offered at the Sandwiche Shop. Good Buy:rock:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast

The WWOT hd45 is the best light I have ever used, Whoever wins this light I would highly recomend that you use 18650 cells. This light throws better then a U2, Brighter then most 5w lights ive used and is just a solid performer.

The rubber crutch cap looks a bit silly though... to each his own
-bobby

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened

I will take it.
PM sent.

Thank you!

mbely2

Enlightened

pcmike said:
I doubt it.. he means he's only used it 10mins.

That's right, I just checked how HD45 performs inside my home and in the back yard:)
From available on CPF info, if i remember correctly, expected run-time for this light is about 7 hours on low and about 1 hour on high, fully regulated.
Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Mark

mbely2

Enlightened

pcmike said:
Does this light sport the new(er) converter that will allow R123s? What are the drive levels? Were xbin HD45s ever offered at the shoppe?

Pcmike,
I beleive this light uses the newer converter, but can not guarantee it for 100%. Don't know anything about use of R123s.
I got flashlight directly from Sandwich Shoppe and this was the standard HD45(not modded) from the small butch of 5W HD45 with WWOT emitters, offered this spring. I even know that converter was installed by Wayne in April 2006. Hope it will answer your question.
If I remember correctly, drive levels are set on 150ma on low and 700 or 750ma on high. It is not overdriven on high!

Mark

Last edited:

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Mint McGizmo HD45 5W with extras **SOLD, pending funds**

Thank you for your fair new offer!
PayPal sent.
Thank you again!

Shunji Kashiwagi

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened
Today I received the HD45 in very good status.
Now I love it very much.
Thank you!

Shunji Kashiwagi

cy

Flashaholic
what did this light sell for?

prices was deleted...

mbely2

Enlightened
Hi Shunji,
I am glad you got your flashlight and like it!
Sorry, transit time in shipping took so long :(

Cy, this new light was sold at the price similar to the one currently offered by the Sandwich Shoppe, adjusted for international shipping. Deleted price (original offer) was higher than that.

Mark