New (again) flashaholic

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,
party.gif

This is my first post as I am new to this forum.
Mid-1990s I was a real Maglite fanatic and, together with a friend, we even had a Maglite magazine (MAGazine).
Interest slipped, however, till last year when another friend gave me a Led Lenser V2 Triplex as a present.

Afterwards I bought another Led Lendser V12 Triplex and flashlight-interest was back again! :grin2:

Thusfar my meager "collection" is as follows:

MAGLITE: 6C / 2AA / 2AAA (4) / Solitaire (2)
Led Lenser: V2 Triplex / V12 Triplex / V6 Powerchip

Quickly, I found out about this website, and other flashaholics, and it became clear other flashlights were to be acquired. So, the next models are ordered and "in transit" :sold:

ARC AAA premium
Led Lenser (already ordered): V2 mini moon / V2 micro / V2 nano / 360°AAA
Surefire: E1L / L2 / L4

I hope I made good choices with the surefires. Problem seems the 1 and 2 cell SF do not seem to have a very long "throw" and only good up to 25 to 35meter, where my old Mag 6C shines a lot farther.

I also ordered me some rechargable 123 cells (KATO 3V) which, as claimed, would do well in the SF L2 and L4.

I know Led Lenser doesn't have a very good reputation, if so, I will find out and will be able to compare. At least, they make nice very compact lights.

Anyhow, I feel quite happy being a flashaholic again
party.gif

Kind regards,

Joris

batman

Enlightened
you may want to save up for a good HID or powerful incan to round out your collection. Incans have come a loooong way since maglite.

marxs

Enlightened
i agree with batman. if your looking for a good sf that can throw, invest in an incan like the m3 and m6 :grin2:

mark

schrenz

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF (BTW, nice city, Antwerpen:grin2: )

I agree with the others, a nice incan would be round up your collection, a M3T, M4 M6, let a stock MagLite look like electrical darkness :naughty: