Shrink Tubing on Fenix L2T. Problem?

scott

Enlightened
I just put a piece of shrink tubing on the body of an L2T. I thought it might make a the light a bit more grippy. Actually-- I did it because (1) I had the tubing, and (2) because I can't resist modding everthing little thing within reach. So-- now that I've done this, I'm wondering if the tubing will hinder heat dissipitation. Thoughts?

Scott

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it'll matter. When I use my L2T on high for extended periods, the head gets a little warm, and that's it. The body stays the same temperature.

LNL40

Newly Enlightened
I've ran mine on high for over 2 hours and the body only gets a little warm up hear the head. I don't think you'll have a problem. Sounds like a good idea actually. Where did I put my heat gun?

Kevin

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think it creats enough heat for you to have to worry about.
Just remember this if you decide to Mod the light (if you can get the head off!)

scott

Enlightened
Concept said:
Just remember this if you decide to Mod the light (if you can get the head off!)

No worry. I only put the tubing on the center section. The head and tail cap are uncovered.

Scott

cliff

Newly Enlightened
I put pretty thick shrink tube on mine, including the head and it has been working just fine. Usually I have it on for at least an hour at a time and it doesn't get very hot at all.