A SureFire Kroma Lanyard Inquiry

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

I currently own a SureFire Kroma Flashlight and in my view it is nothing short of great.

That being said, does anyone know if there might be plans for SureFire to produce a Lanyard, similar to the SureFire A2, that would fit this Light? I had someone look into the A2 version itself, and it does not fit the Kroma.

And somewhat related to that, does anyone potentially know of someone who might be able to make a custom made Lanyard for the Kroma? I ask as I am not the most technically gifted person, and would much prefer not to have to make one myself.

Thanks in advance,
John

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Size15's said:
John,
Interesting, SureFire changed the Kroma's two-stage TailCap for production if the Z60 kit no longer fits...

Al,

I much appreciate your insight.

I got my info based on PM'ing someone who has the Kroma as well as the A2.

Being that I highly value your opinion, tomorrow I am going to call up SureFire directly to talk to a Tech and see what they say.

Once I get an answer I'll post here.

All My Best,
John

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't doubt the Z60 doesn't fit if somebody has tried it and it doesn't. It's strange that it doesn't because I was under the impression the concept was that it should, and I've seen one being used on a proto-type.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too heard at a retailer that the lanyards for the A2 do not fit the Kroma. Just a tad too tight.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Lights with clips attached to the body tend to get scratched form the metal clips used to attach them to the lanyard. I have a few made up without clips and use just a simple "Larks Head Knot" or a "Double Larks Head knot". If you plan to take off and put on the lanyard a lot, the regular Larks Head is very easy to slip on and off but it tends to slide a bit on the clip...I like the Double Larks Head because once you tighten it up it stays put.

Sorry for the bad pictures, but the camera is the only one I have at the moment.

U2A01-1.jpg

BAPD.jpg

BAPD2.jpg

Bill

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Al,

I called up SureFire Customer Service today and the gentleman on the phone checked with Technical Support. They told me that the Z60 Lanyard should indeed fit on the Kroma.

Perhaps the person I checked with via PM might have had a faulty Z60. I am likely going to be ordering one this week to personally try it out first hand. If I do place that order, which I expect I will, I'll post my feedback here.

Braddah Bill,

Your Lanyards look excellent. I might consider purchasing from you if the Z60 does not work out for me. Loop wise I really like the one on your SureFire U2.

If so I would likely choose a Grey color with as basic, same thickness as a SureFire Lanyard, and non decorative a look as possible, as for my personal preferences I like a nondescript look. Might you make a Lanyard such as that?

All My Best,
John

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

Quick update.

I ordered the Z60 Lanyard after being told by SureFire Customer Service, whom said they checked with Technical Support, that it would work on the Kroma.

The Lanyard arrived today and unfortunately, it actually does not fit on the Kroma. Close, but not quite. I was told it is unknown if there will be a comparable version released in the future from the Kroma.

The bad news, as mentioned, it will not work.

In good news, is I called SureFire in regard to this, spoke to Technical Support, and they apologized and I will be compensated for the confusion.

I just wanted to let everyone know so that the information that the Z60 Lanyard will not fit the Kroma is public knowledge.

All My Best,
John

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sixpointone,

Just use a stock SF lanyard and a thick o-ring as in the picture below. Nothing metal to scratch your tailcap and it is rather secure: :)

lanyard_a2.jpg

redcar

Enlightened
If it's just barely too tight, wonder if you could just sand the inside of the ring a bit. I have three sets of rings and FedEx shows my Kroma should be here today. I'll let you know what works out.

Redd

SunStar

Enlightened
leukos said:
Sixpointone,

Just use a stock SF lanyard and a thick o-ring as in the picture below. Nothing metal to scratch your tailcap and it is rather secure: :)

lanyard_a2.jpg

So where does one get a thick o-ring like that pictured? I may have to try that.
Thanks.

redcar

Enlightened
I took a knife and scraped a good bit of material of one set of rings. Didn't appear to make much difference. Hopefully Surefire will come out with a new lanyard kit, I really like how the L1, L2 and A2 work in that regard.

Redd

tussery

Enlightened
I just got my Kroma-Milspec and thought I would bump this since there is talk of a new tailcap that will replace the current one from what Steven at Tactical Supply has said. Anyone have any clue what is going on.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
somthing else that is different, is that if you take rubber shroud off the SW02 or off the Z49&Z48 it looks to be the same thing as the surefire A2/L1/L2 that the lanyard goes on. I tried it and it almost fit but was a bit big for the surefire A2 tialcap, but it just may work for the surefire Kroma tilcap.

cheers

greenLED

Flashaholic
Mac, I've done that with my U2 as well, and, IIRC; jtice posted a similar pic too.

What's that close to the clip's button?