M6 and 10X Comparison???

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
Any one got both and compare the output of these two 500 Lu flashlights?

Are these supposed to send out similar output though I know the pattern would not be the same.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hairydog:
which one is more effective in blinding the attacker?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The M6 with MN21 because more of the light will be focused in one spot. But really, I don't think "the attacker" is going to notice the difference, both will produce blinding light output.
blush.gif

You should hang a sign on your house that says "NO TRESPASSING, violators may suffer temporarily blindness"!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I think that the "walls" of brilliant light that the 10X and MN21 produce are similar - of course, the 10X doesn't require your aim to be as good, and allow you to overwhelm. No place to hide.

The difference between the MN20 and MN21 is such that the MN21 is more Flood to the MN20 spot - but these are comparative concepts.

The ability to have the brilliant wall of light is one thing, but use it effectivily is another. It is one step towards the resolution.

Al

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
yes!!! i agree that the 10X output is more flooded in nature and that there is no place to hide.

however, i do worry how robust is the 10 X is.

in particular when i need to bang someone's head with the flashlight. any experience?

another bonus of the 10 X is the rechargeable battery pack. virtually no running cost at all for 500lu.

this is why i am willing to spend 300USD for this flashlight.