Need a 5 watt

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
I have several 1, 3 and 7 watts lights, but none really do what I need. I can't tell a big difference between the 1 and 3, and the 7 is great, but gets hot and short run time. SO............ what I am looking for is a 5 watt, that doesn't get really hot, uses 2 123s or AAs and has good runtime, about the same size as the 7 watt Golston or ultrafire, but doesn't have the cost of a surefire.
Any thoughts?

SCblur

Enlightened
The Surefire U2 and L2 are great choices IMHO. Very bright on high, but multiple outputs (for the U2 anyways, dual-stage for the L2) to save batteries. There's also the L4 if you're not into variable output. The U2 and L2 are about $275 and $175 respectively I think. The U2 is my favorite light FWIW.

Good luck

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Might consider the Nuwai ALX 352L 5W light. It has three output levels and a strobe mode. Runtimes were measured at 1h 6m, 2h 27m, and 4h 35m.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy with my Huntlight FT-01...not really a 5 watt, but has a nice beam with good spill, and runs a couple hours on 2 123A. Under $40 shipped.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy said:
Might consider the Nuwai ALX 352L 5W light. It has three output levels and a strobe mode. Runtimes were measured at 1h 6m, 2h 27m, and 4h 35m.

I second this light. It seems to be what you are looking for.

Best regards

____
Tom

jayke

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Nuwai TM-301X-5. It's a Luxeon 5 watt. Real nice white light, compared to my civictor, Nuwai Q3 and TM-301X-5. It runs for about 2 hours. It's about $60 and use 2x123's. This light is a great size too for most uses.

Joe

hail

Newly Enlightened
Also have the Nuwai TM-301X-5, great light for the price, and lots of good useable light. My vote for that one.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
NeedMoreLight said:
I have several 1, 3 and 7 watts lights, but none really do what I need. I can't tell a big difference between the 1 and 3, and the 7 is great, but gets hot and short run time. SO............ what I am looking for is a 5 watt, that doesn't get really hot, uses 2 123s or AAs and has good runtime, about the same size as the 7 watt Golston or ultrafire, but doesn't have the cost of a surefire.
Any thoughts?

PM sent
:naughty:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put together a light with a surefire KL4 head. and a 3.7 V rechargeable Lion cell. The KL4 Head puts out a lot of light. If you get a good one (I have picked up several good ones from LIGHTHOUND.COM) .
You can get 2 level tail switches and use the Surefire diffusion attachment to vary the light from bright and hard to dimmer and soft, with these two combinations.
The KL4 works great this way. You Can even use on a single cell body like this:
DSCN7591smcr.jpg

small bright and fun.
I love surefire parts (and others) Lego.
Yaesumofo

x2x3x2

Banned
get the huntlight ft-01 n u will most likely be happy with output/throw and tint.
also it wont break your bank.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
yaesumofo said:
I put together a light with a surefire KL4 head. and a 3.7 V rechargeable Lion cell. The KL4 Head puts out a lot of light. If you get a good one (I have picked up several good ones from LIGHTHOUND.COM) .
You can get 2 level tail switches and use the Surefire diffusion attachment to vary the light from bright and hard to dimmer and soft, with these two combinations.
The KL4 works great this way. You Can even use on a single cell body like this:
DSCN7591smcr.jpg

small bright and fun.
I love surefire parts (and others) Lego.
Yaesumofo

Would you care to take newbies how to put these interesting lights together? Where to get cheap parts?

Thanks.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about cheap parts. But all of these parts are available from lighthound.com
You Can get a vitalgear body and a SureFire KL4 head that will make the light on the right.
the one on the left is made from a single cell body I bought on the BST here and a KL4 and tail switch from lighthound.com

The key to working with these is the rechargable battery system. I use rechargable cr123a they give the KL4 full power.

Have fun!!

Yaesumofo

Ledacholic Anonymous said:
Would you care to take newbies how to put these interesting lights together? Where to get cheap parts?

Thanks.