Turtle?

axel

Newly Enlightened
Hi i am looking for a tiny led Flashlight that i bought cheap in a MEC Store in Vancouver about a year ago. I think it was made to be usd as a bike light and was available in red and white. The light can be used in three different modes - slow and fast pulse and steady light. The body looks like a turtle with the head being the actual led and the front legs being used as the hold for the rubber band that makes the mount of the light. The "shell" is used as the on - off switch.The actual size is about 1,5" by 1". Very handy little toy. Does anyone here know where to find those things? Maybe in larger quantities. Thanks

van1

Newly Enlightened
mec.ca should have them. I think they are around 3.75 for the white one and slightly less for the red one. They have changed the design from the older ones with very little side spill. They now have a sort of cap on the led that diffuses the light to the sides and the cap has a lense on it that concentrates the light on the front.It is also only 2 modes fast flash and constant on. The slow strobe is no longer an option
Keith

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that's the one LEDninja. I sent a couple to Viren in Oman. MEC wanted to charge him some crazy shipping charge. Handy little lights. I thought about offering these in a group buy, just havent got around to doing it yet.

axel

Newly Enlightened
Hi well i was thinking in doing the same thing. Anyone got any idea where to find those things from the manufacturer?? Cant find any sign of identification.I don´t want to screw the MEC - just can´t find those things over here.So if you have any idea to find out more - great.Cheers Axel

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUQ said:
Yes that's the one LEDninja. I sent a couple to Viren in Oman. MEC wanted to charge him some crazy shipping charge. Handy little lights. I thought about offering these in a group buy, just havent got around to doing it yet.

DUQ has been really kind to send them across the oceans :) :rock:

The lights are great :) and they use 2 CR2032, it has electronic switch and 2 modes, they have Snow LED's which are really nice. Also, they dont overdrive the LED's

:rock:

Varroa

Newly Enlightened
I've had the old model and the new model. I rode in a heavy rainstorm with the old models on the front (white) and back (red). The front one died (it got water inside it) and I had to replace it with a new model one so now I have a new model front one and a old model back one. They are both very bright but the addition of the lens to the new models does change the light output. I also have a BLT Doppler light which is very similar but much smaller (LINK). I had to change the LED to a brighter one since the stock LED was very dim and blueish in colour.

pocketdoppler.jpg

vortechs

Enlightened
I got a few of the MEC "turtle lights" courtesy of a trade with a CPF member in Canada. Neat little lights. They would be a good candidate for a groupbuy.