Please don't use PhotoBucket!

iStormy

Newly Enlightened
I get tired of reading threads and seeing a bunch of these:

dead.jpg

followed by "Wow, that's the coolest thing I've ever seen!"

Even two-week old threads have dead PhotoBucket images, and we've had plenty of threads stick around longer than that. I've never seen a problem with ImageShack images...seem to last forever. I don't mind having to click a thumbnail.

Just a personal plea from someone who likes reading old threads. :D

Illum

Flashaholic
never happened to me...then again I dont host the pic, I save the pic in my album for awhile...the maximum quota for the pics is like 10 gigs worth, i just leave it in

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is not a problem with Photobucket, that happens because the poster has deleted the image from thier album. The same type thing will happen with other image hosting sites when the image has been deleted by the owner of that image.

phatalbert

Enlightened
Personally, I prefer photobucket from the hassles that seem to go along with the notorious yellow frog. Not trying to start a hosting war, just my .02

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've never had a problem with PhotoBucket. And, I will occasionally delete old pics from old posts. After all, they are providing me a free service.

Geoff

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
As has been stated, it is simply the user deleting the photo that causes this, it can be 10 minutes after or a month.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am using Photobucket for years now, and they never moved my pics ... it was always me who moved them :D ... causing that image you posted.
This comes with the groth of an album ... the bigger it gets, the more organisation it needs. As simple as that.

You could always PM the OP of a thread with dead pics and have them reposted?

bernie

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a period of time I'll delete linked images from my personal web space. I do this maybe every 3 months cause usually by then, the threads are dormant. In those instances, I'll try and chek my list of recent subscriptions and edit the post accordingly. If one has been ona forum for a spell, this can be difficult.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Is photobucket what pretty much everyone that posts here uses? I have never used any photo hosting service yet. But I am about to start. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morelite said:
That is not a problem with Photobucket, that happens because the poster has deleted the image from thier album. The same type thing will happen with other image hosting sites when the image has been deleted by the owner of that image.

Wow, thank you! I don't know if I've ever given this any thought, but I'm sure there are some photos I've posted that aren't there anymore. Duh!

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
id say photo bucket is the most popular,image shack is another but id say photo bucket is the most used , iv never had a problem with them.its unbelievably easy to use , you can be up and running with a photo bucket account in just a few minutes,
Bright Scouter said:
Is photo bucket what pretty much everyone that posts here uses? I have never used any photo hosting service yet. But I am about to start. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Latest posts