Huntlight FTA2 - Runtime Test

mhubble

Enlightened
Did a runtime test on my HUNTLIGHT FTA2 today. Im amazed at how this light did. I turned the light on and ran it for 30 minutes. Then I would turn it off for anywhere from 10 to 30 min. I was into the 5th 30 minute run before I noticed any drop in brightness. After running for almost 2.5 hours(30 min at a time.) It dropped to about 75%. Turned it off for 30 min and then turned it back on for another 30 minutes. Still at 75%. Still as bright as a new NUWAI X-1 with a new duracell ultra AA. At the end of the 3rd hour of being on I turned it off. waited 10 min and it it wouldnt turn on. Waited another 20 min and it came on at about 65%. Ran it for 15 more min and terminated the test. 2.5 hours of 100 % light, then dropped off to 75%. You couldnt ask for more. The battery was a DURACELL ULTRA AA.

For those who own this light and dont like the switch being so hard to push I found a way to fix it. I took a piece of plastic .030 thick and punched out a circle the same size as inside the rubber cap. About 5/16th diameter. Placed it inside the rubber cap and put it all back together. You can now turn the light on with your thumb.