New to CPF, how did this happen?

brightb

Newly Enlightened
I have somehow have become a "flashaholic"!!,

I have been poking around this site for a few weeks now reading as much as I can, and realizing you all seem to be a good bunch of people and very knowledgable about your lights! I had no idea there were people so into this.

my interest in flashlights has ballooned in the past month or so, I bought a Bushnell 3w,ARC AAAp, fenix p1 and l2t and to prove i am into this: just ordered a Surefire A2.

This all started during a camping trip. I bought a Noma led light powered by 3 AAA from canadian tire for $20 just to see what led's were all about. I was blown away by the power and white light of this this little thing. I gave my 2d maglight with its sloppy yellow beam to my girlfriend for the rest of the trip:)

When I got home I dropped $65 on my bushnell and was blown away again
by the performance.

Anyway, I wound up at this site and am now one of you!
my knowledge of electronics is sad, so i hope i can learn a thing or two.I manage a shoppers drug mart store (dont ask what we charge for duracell 123's or the mark-up, it's disgusting) and some of my staff found me in the basement with the lights off trying out my new P1, they dont seem to understand.

I am glad to see like minded people enjoying their hobby, its great to be here.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! Enjoy your Stay. CPF Is VERY friendly. Get ready!, your going to spend a lot of money on some cool flashlights here.

marxs

Enlightened
welcome to cpf! only cpfers will understand why you (and me) like to play with flashlights in the basement, in a dark room, or in a garage with no lights on in the morning :grin2:

oh and i hope you like the A2 you just ordered, nice floody leds for low beam and a beautiful regulated incan for high beam.

mark