Legend LX on CSI.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching CSI last night and wow some product placement for Brinkman. I swear they were posing the light or somthing, most of the time it's hard to tell what they are using, but last night it was very, very clearly a LX.

Tesla

Enlightened
I saw it too & it's the first time I can recall that clear a sideways shot of one of their lights...even my wife caught it.
smile.gif

Bucky

Enlightened
I saw them using the M4s an episode or so back and I was extremely surprised to see the LX used last night. They must try to change up the brand and type of lights so that they don't imply any preference. Using the LX was really a strectch though. I don't really think the design and quality of the LX would lend itself to use by CSIs. But then again the M4s they used in a very small room were a bit of overkill too.
grin.gif

Bucky

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucky:
...the M4s they used in a very small room were a bit of overkill too.
grin.gif

Bucky
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shocked.gif
I bet they were using the M4 with the N62 LA.
grin.gif

I could just see them cooking some blood spatter with the M4 w/N62 LA at close range!
smile.gif
The evidence goes up in smoke!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not the only one that watches stuff to see what torches they use!

I was watching German TV the other night, and I'm cetain the Police/swat had SureFire Classic WeaponLights...

Al
rolleyes.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw some of it, episode "Scuba Doobie Doo" and they were using Streamlights. I think they were the SL20 type.
The beam as seen on the show was flawless and had a well-defined hotspot.
(Must have been a SureFire, with the Streamlight as just a prop ...... )

lightlover
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is indeed! And they finally started showing it on British terrestrial TV recently. 9PM tonight, channel 5.

I spotted Streamlight Scorpions last week. Wonder what they`ll have tonight? It`s a great flashlight-geek "spot the torch" show!

tongue.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must have been a SureFire, with the Streamlight as just a prop

Not necessarily Surefires- see, on TV even the darkest gloomiest scenes are usually quite brightly lit on the set- lots of blue lights usually, with the odd red or orange to stimulate a streetlight or 2. Then either in post production, or during actual filming, the "brightness" of the picture is turned down. And to make the bright white torch beams stand out, very bright spotlights are used off-camera.

Sure, the actual torch usually does give its own light, especially in closeup scenes, but in some cases where they need more light, they can get re-inforced. I saw some movie or other where they were using Maglites, and it was plain to see that there were faceted MR16 spot lamp bulbs (probably 50-75 watts!) in the ends. Presumably a hidden cable came out the back to a beltpack battery, or just trailed on the floor. Needless to say, the beams were wide and flawless!
Probably no trouble for a Surefire as it is, maybe that`s why that one CSI episode used M4s- they wanted brighter light?

Ah, the magic of TV.

tongue.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
Must have been a SureFire, with the Streamlight as just a prop

Not necessarily Surefires- see, ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that info Chris
smile.gif

But I wasn't being so serious - I do like SureFires, but I'm not that partisan !!

Just an aside, in the film "Seven", the stars use Mag-Chargers, with the dark area clearly showing in the centre of the beam. Not much post-production there ......

lightlover
wink.gif

SFR

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone watch last night's episode of CSI? The main story was the investigation of four Buddhist monks shot between the eyes.

I saw the investigators using the Legends again. What other flashlights were they using?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Talmadge:
When they first walked in, all three investigators looked liked they had Surefire M4s, didn't it?

Joe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, they were M4s. Even my wife noticed!
shocked.gif
tongue.gif

My flashaholic ways are rubbing off on her.
cool.gif