What I did on my day off

Greta

Flashaholic
Yesterday (Sunday the 17th) was my day off from my work. So here's what I ended up doing...

Click Here

Yep... that's me in the white shirt! Look Ma! I made the front page! :huh:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well I'd much rather be the one pushing the cart than laying on it! (and on your day off too! :ohgeez: )

Illum

Flashaholic
i cant imagine hauling a dead body....just the smell

Roy looks happy, makes you think about dissection class in college?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
They couldn't just turn the A/C on high and wait till the next day? ;)
I'd hate to rent that duplex next. Brrrrr

Greta

Flashaholic
allthatwhichis said:
What do you do? Coroner or morgue? Mortitions get PAID!!! I hope you got overtime...

We don't have a coroner in our county any more. We have a medical examiner. And we don't have a morgue... we have an OME (Office of the Medical Examiner). No, it's not semantics... there really is a difference... ;) And, no, I'm not a mortician... so no overtime or big bucks. I'm simply the Chief Medical Examiner Assistant.

And I got entangled in this by opening my big mouth and offering myself to the CME to run her office for her. Next thing I knew, I was on the front page of the newspaper billed as an investigator! :grin2: ... Seriously though.... I do love my job. I learn so much every single day. And I get to help people... more than I ever did in the pharmacy, believe it or not. And I get to be the last voice for most of these people who come through our facility. For far too many of them, unfortunately, their final story is not a happy one... but it matters nonetheless... and NEEDS to be told.

Last edited:

ohiocopper

Newly Enlightened
Bad guy loses.
It takes a tough person to fill your shoes.:goodjob:
I still have a hard time at some scenes, but the coroners people, wow they are tough.