Inova XO3 surprise

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Pentagon L2 and love the overall beam and the great throw from a small light. I have also had an Inova XO for a year or so and don't really use it because I have sort of gone away from the optics and the poor brightness. But recently when my friend purchased an Inova XO3 from Target I was extremly surprised at how bright and great the beam is. It is easily compairable with my Pentagon L2. After seeing this, I am thinking about finally going with the Inova T4 for the car.

steve_vance

Enlightened
Lumenation said:
I recently purchased a Pentagon L2 and love the overall beam and the great throw from a small light. I have also had an Inova XO for a year or so and don't really use it because I have sort of gone away from the optics and the poor brightness. But recently when my friend purchased an Inova XO3 from Target I was extremly surprised at how bright and great the beam is. It is easily compairable with my Pentagon L2. After seeing this, I am thinking about finally going with the Inova T4 for the car.

Not surprised. Good info. I have an L2 (3W)... nice light. Remember your XO is only a 1-watt light; the XO3, like its brother with a tactical switch, the T3, is 3 watt. Flashlightreviews rates overall output at 28.50. slightly more than a Fenix P1 and slightly less than a Fenix L2T. If you don't use the light a lot, you might want to consider a T3... mine seem to get ungodly long life from the batteries, but I only use them for short periods at a time.

daveman

Enlightened
I have had 4 X5s, 3 XOs, and 1 XO3s (I was crazy about Inovas for a while...), and while the XO3 does have downright excellent throw, it is unimpressive in its peripheral lighting (flood). If you're looking for "alot of light," I would not recommend the XO3. But if you've already seen the beam firsthand, then by all means...

Illum

Flashaholic
I like the XO and XO3 the same actually...ones on active duty for medium range closeup applications and the others a backup light for long range applications...usually for throw I rely on xenon, but XO3 makes a very good backup light...except mines a deep purple and doesnt produce that good of a color rendition compared to other lights.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not surprising that its peripheral lighting (flood) is unimpressive, as the Tiros optics system it uses, is created and advertised as a tight "spot" light type of beam, little or no flood.

The X0 and X03 are two great midrange lights (my personal favorites), as are all the Inovas in my opinion. If one wants to buy an Inova for flood beam the new X1, X5 and new X0 are all lensed lights now with plenty of flood. I have yet to decide if I will get one of the new X0s, the old style is still my favorite, I will probably get the new X02 though. The slim lines the X1, X5, old X0, and new X02 are simply too nice and handy for carry compared to the belled heads of the others and to me makes up for the slightly less lumens. The build on them all is incomparable.