Have you heard the term.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite shampoo.

I heard on the radio, that in Texas, they are only recruiting well educated police officers.

the reason for this was that they would be more likely to talk down a situation rather than resorting to maglite shampoo.

I had never heard this term before.

regards.

John.

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard the term, but I'm guessing it is referring to the brute force approach, like bashing someone on the head with a Maglite.

rifleman

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure its not Maglite shower?, In KS they refer to giving drunks a battering across the head with their flashlights as Baton or Maglite showers?

TinderBox (UK) said:
Maglite shampoo.

I heard on the radio, that in Texas, they are only recruiting well educated police officer.

the reason for this was that they would be more likely to talk down a situation rather than resorting to maglite shampoo.

I had never heard this term before.

regards.

John.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using a Maglite as an impact weapon to the head is not a brute force approach, but rather the use of lethal force. It may not kill the victim, just as a bullet may not kill a person, but in both cases the injuries have the potential of being lethal.

JimH said:
I haven't heard the term, but I'm guessing it is referring to the brute force approach, like bashing someone on the head with a Maglite.