"Best" Surefire?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I know best is hard to say. I'm looking for small,EDC, I think I'm leaning toward the E-2. I usually stay with LED's but after glancing at the new catalog (couldn't take time to download whole thing) I'm thinking I should go with something blinding. Any idea on the combo unit (Aviator?) when it will be available/price? Please let me know your personal favorite SMALL SF and why. Is the E-1 BRIGHT? I'm looking for personal experience as opposed to numbers in catalog.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I looked a couple posts down and got info on the Aviator. Looks good! But the wait
grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get the E2 and then when the A2 comes out you could get that too.
smile.gif

The E2 is very small and amazingly bright for its size. I highly recommend it. All the other 2 cell surefires are noticeably bigger. So if small size is important the E2 is for you.

It (A2) isn't going to be cheap ($100++).
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'd also recommend the E2, very nice EDC light. The E1 is about twice as bright as a mag 2AA, but the beam is so much better.

Tim

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I really like the E2 for day to day lighting needs. I also have an E1 - it has a very useful beam, but due to it's small size it doesn't feel as good in my hands as the E2 does.

There's talk of a low output lamp assembly for the E2 that will drop the light output from 60 lumens to down around 25 lumens. Still brighter than an E1 or a normal 2 D-cell flashlight, but with an extended run time.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the release of the Aviator. Low power LEDs + bright SF incandescent lamp = one versatile flashlight!

Mike

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cerberus:
I'd also recommend the E2, very nice EDC light. The E1 is about twice as bright as a mag 2AA, but the beam is so much better.

Tim
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Twice as bright as a 2AA Mag?????? What drugs are you on??? My E2 and E2e are a LOT brighter then 4D Maglite. I would say it is 6-7 times brighter then 2AA Mag

Size15's

Flashaholic
My E1 & E1e have the same sort of beam size as my StealthLites.

The E1 beats all 2AA and 2AAA lights I've ever compared it to.

Al

recercare

Enlightened
Alex cooper:

He said that the E1 (not E2) was double as bright as the Maglite 2AA. This sounds correct. E1 = 20 lumens, Maglite 2AA = 8-9 lumens.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Racercare, you can call me FC
wink.gif

My bad, I screwed up there...
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Still, SureFire E1 is great, and it is more then twice the brightness of 2AA Mag. It is more like 2D MagLite....

Or yea, E1 is 15lum, not 20.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like the E-2 would be the way to go if price wasn't an issue. After reading more posts up here in general flashlight I'm thinking of going w/ a PT Tec 40 or PT Rage they sound good and will do till Aviator comes out. I really can get by with LED's most of the time. Thanks for the input.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A2 Aviator as pitured in the SureFire 2002 catalog will be changing. PK indicated that the new version will have an 1 1/8 bezel to accomodate 5mm nichia (qunatity unknown.

Also, when I left PK, I said, "the next time I come down, let's do lunch... so, I guess I see you sometime in the summer when the AVIATOR comes out". PK's reply, "No, it will be a lot sooner".

Take it for what you will, but I think this is a good sign for the near future (3 months instead of 6?

dtsoll

Enlightened
I own an e2 and I'm not sure what I would do without it. fantastic light at a somewhat reasonable price.

Good luck
Dug

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
I gotta go with the M2....love the shock resistance, pyrex lens, and P61 bulb!!!
wink.gif