• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Please Delete Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

03lab

Enlightened
Re: Feeler: Glassbreaker/Seatbeltcutter Minimag Tailcap

Good idea! I don't use MiniMags though, ;)

Mr. Bombastic

Newly Enlightened

Sounds like a practical idea. Since I've upgraded all of my Minimags to LEDs the spare bulb in the tail cap is a useless accessory. How would you go about incorporating a seatbelt cutter?

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might also want to think about making one to fit the new MiniMag LEDs. There is just enough difference in the tailcaps that they are not interchangable. And if the MagLEDs prove popular, the incandescents may become dinosaurs.

mchlwise

Enlightened

I'd be interested. :popcorn:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Now there's an innovative idea! Good luck for sure, I think it has potential!
Geesh, I need to come up with something like this - quick, get a patent before it's sold in town!

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought i read that the incandescent minimag tailcap will work in the LED versiion if the spring is swapped. No?

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigman said:
Now there's an innovative idea! Good luck for sure, I think it has potential!
Geesh, I need to come up with something like this - quick, get a patent before it's sold in town!

haha, if he tried to patent something that fit on something that m@g made, i'm sure they'd be so quick to have their attorneys draw up some paperwork.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Either that's an invisible CAD sketch appended to the first post, or something's wrong w/ my browser =D can't see no picture

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sketch works for me. Nice job, although maybe some sort of cap over the end would make it less dangerous to carry. Great idea though.:)

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Who would think, a cap for a tailcap ?

Just don't run and EDC this thing on your m@g...
You never know what could happen if you trip with this thing in your pocket...

But ! It IS a very great idea...
Depending on the price, I would get this for in my car... :D

Regentag

Banned

How 'bout an endcap that takes a .22LR round? All BATF&E rules apply.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, I can see it now. Looks pretty neat! Could also be used as an impact weapon now, I'd imagine - though how legal I'm not sure =-\

The hardest bit looks like embedding the cutting blade inside the 'hook.' I've actually already got a light that takes care of these duties (got it for $10 at walgreens, go figure - incan but w/ clear body and red led's running down the sides, attaches to car via magnets for blinking road warning light) but if you get these made up I'm sure many EMT's and other emergency ppl will buy them! I see a lot of ppl like that still using the trusty ol' Minimag.

leprechaun414

Enlightened

Great sketch. I would be interested in one. A suggestion would be to look into some Fire Rescue departments and see what they would think. The window punch could be a small stubby point that could do the job. I carry a Masters Of Defense Knife that has a cutter and a window punch. I also carry a Resque keychain tool that has a cutter and a spring loaded window punch. Your idea is a great one because it appeals to someone looking for these items and wants to also have a light to boot. Maybe you should look into a patent, copyright, or whatever you need. Great idea
:twothumbs

spinkid

Newly Enlightened

RCatR, Great idea! For the blade that cuts the seatbelt, it should be on an angle so that the seatbelt gets "sliced" making it easier to cut. Maybe a 30 degree angle to the opening. A straight blade would make it tougher to cut a seatbelt. Just my $.02. I will definetely be in for some as I was just talking about a glass breaker for my sister-in-laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.