Surefire A2 problem with slow start - help?

FiftyCalAl

Newly Enlightened
Occassionally my Surefire A2 will take several seconds and sometimes a "second" depression of the tailcap before the incandescent white light comes on. The LED immediately comes on but it takes a second or to for the white light to come on. I can't associate it with any particular time (not used for awhile or been running for awhile). Could this be a sign that the batteries are getting weak or is it a problem with the electronics? When I change the batts, it seems to work better, but not always. What gives? any ideas? Thanks in advance. This may have already been covered, but I could not find it in the search.

carrot

Flashaholic
This is a known problem with Batterystation 123's and also occurs when the batteries are low or cold (freezing). It also happens if you have dirty contacts somewhere in the tailcap... which may be difficult to clean.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Similar symptoms to this occur if the A2 head is not screwed down flush with the body, and sometimes the pocket clip needs to be pushed down for the head to make contact. But as carrot already mentioned, usually this problem is related to the batteries. Try a new set with a different brand, if none of the above fix the problem, give SF a call. :)