• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Ti McLux PD-27L

SOLD: Ti McLux PD-27L. This titanium PD is one of only four in the world, from my understanding, two of which are currently owned by me and two of which are owned by another CPF'er. The light is made of 6-4 titanium and feels quite substantial compared with its little brother, the standard Ti PD. "The Don" himself describes it as "over-engineered" with double O-ring seals and a threaded lens retaining ring. The LED is a U-bin with a standard Wiz 2 stage driver, 30 and 550 ma. There is a green tritium marker in the piston. A crenallated Ti 27 bezel ring, if you own one, would screw on to the bezel end. This light is in very good condition, but has been EDC'd. It has minor scratches and one small ding on the edge of the bezel, per the photos. All flaws are removable, including the small ding, with a little elbow grease (not included :grin2: ). This is truly one of the greatest custom lights ever made. PayPal only, shipping to anywhere in the world included in the price. International shipping will be made via USPS Global Priority, or add $75 for insured shipping with tracking. US buyers will receive USPS priority shipping with insurance and tracking.

$1650, SOLD.

PD27LStanding.jpg

PD27LTail.jpg

BE2.jpg

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Ti McLux PD-27L

:drool: :drool: X2!!! This Light Is Sure Something!! The Most Expensive Light Ive seen To date!!

Good Luck!! Its a wonderfull Light.

photorob

Enlightened

Now I'm just wondering but do all the heavy weights around here rotate each others lights. I just couldn't see some no name person picking up this light.

charlesn

Enlightened

arewethereyetdad said:
All flaws are removable, including the small ding, with a little elbow grease (not included :grin2: ). [/B]

Oh, c'mon, Troy: $1650 for a fixer-upper? ;-)

Seriously, though, I only wish I had pockets deep enough to spring for this one. It is, IMO, "the" ultimate light. And per Don's most recent post, the rarity of this light is assured: he has scrapped plans for a run of a PD equipped Ti 27L.

tdurand

Enlightened

I await the photos of the post-'kensterification'

I coulda had a grail light, just a couple of minutes ago.:ohgeez:

Nice offer Dad. Niiiiice catch Kenster!:twothumbs :rock:

T

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait until I post the pics of this beauty with the mirror polish I am going to give her! :rock: :naughty:

Regentag

Banned

Tsk, Tsk.

Is it proper to reference other threads in a B/S/T?

I'm just :popcorn: this time around!

P.S.: Troy, I haven't forgotten you, but the two you saw seem to be the only ones.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Regentag said:
Tsk, Tsk.

Is it proper to reference other threads in a B/S/T?

I just looked over the rules and I didn't see anything that set off any warning flags. Besides the sale was complete to the point of Paypal being sent. IMHO no harm no foul. Admins and Mods can override my point.:)

charlesn

Enlightened
The thread I referenced simply confirms the rarity of the specific light being offered for sale--contrary to Don's previously announced plans, there will not be a run in the forseeable future, and one could reasonably speculate that it may never be made again. A salient point for a $1650 light, no? And completely supportive of Troy's asking price. (Not that he needed the help!)