good rechargeable

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good rechargeable light (actually 5 of them) to put in our tow trucks for night time recovery. long runtime is not necessary but good light is. I also dont want to spend a fortune on these. Any quantity discounts anywhere?

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
ADDICTED2LITE said:
I'm looking for a good rechargeable light (actually 5 of them) to put in our tow trucks for night time recovery. long runtime is not necessary but good light is. I also dont want to spend a fortune on these. Any quantity discounts anywhere?

i think that Inova T4 is a good choice! is built like a tank! :rock:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag Chargers seem to be more popular than SL20s with the tow truck drivers in our area, but most of the drivers just carry alkaline Mags. I do know one driver who carries both a Mag Charger and a Stinger, but he's also a reserve officer in one of the police departments.

I'd think frequency of use and the nature of your specific usage may weigh a lot on the light that you would want to consider. Additionally, there is also the potential that the lights may "walk" at the end of a shift.

The larger lights would probably work best, as they're easier to find if dropped, and are less likely to get misplaced than something like a Stinger. If you weren't expecting to spend at least $100 per truck, you might want to consider the alternative of one of the Mag LED lights, or just requiring your drivers to have their own lights (you set the minimum requirements)

ADDICTED2LITE said:

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I dont think i'll have to worry about the light "walking off" as this is a family business, but I don't want to spend $100 on a light, A non-rechargeable is not an option as the drivers can't remember to tell me the batteries are dead. I was thinking about the pelican stealthlight at around $70 but I don't know how good they are, plus its yellow so maybe it won't get lost. http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.php?Sku=PEL2450SC_BLA

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
I think you can get MagCharger for about $80 each. Especially if you don't need the 110V power cord.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Wetterman, mentioned you can get a Mag Charger for about $80-85 by mail-order, SL-20s around $90-100. Since it's a family business, and you're looking for something cheaper, you might very well want to consider the PolyStingers for about $65, and you can get them in Yellow.