Where to Get "Alien Skin?"

scott

Enlightened
A couple of years ago, I bought a GID sheet called "Alien Skin." I would like to get some more, but can't seem to find a website for it. Anyone know?

Scott

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, are these pretty much sheets of self-adhesive long lasting GID material? Are they more of a fabric or plastic? Thanks

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'd say plastic of some sorts. I cut some up and put it on my light switch covers around the house. I was trying to be conservative and only cut up little 1/4" squares. While they work fine, I should have cut 1/2" squares.

Oh and BTW, when I got mine (it's been a couple years I think)...they had the instructions right next to the top sheet of the "skin" and some of the black letters transferred to the "skin". I contacted them and they wouldn't replace it. A little reading on my part (somewhere in the archives I believe), led me to believe that it had happened to others as well. Maybe they're shipping differently now?

I thought it was pretty spendy stuff $20 for 2 5"x7" sheets of "skin". Maybe there are better alternatives from our GlowInc.com (not sure they sell a "skin"/self-adhesive type product though) or another vendor?

Last edited: