Power outtage this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
6:04 am. Power outtage. The laptop battery kicked in so I shut down safely.

By the light of the screen, I grabbed the P1 and the Striker VG.

Made my way through the house with the P1. Outside, I yanked the generator to life for indoor lamps and a few other appliances.

I wish the butt end of the P1 was magnetic so it could have stuck to the car's hood instead of holding it in my mouth.

Turned off the P1 and lit up the Striker VG to inspect the pole to house utility wires. It lit up everything and all lines were intact and the transformer wasn't smoked. The VG really is a stellar performer!

I had my BCD396T scanner on but it took the energy co. over an hour to chime in.

Turns out a transformer at the closest major intersection blew up, as the local police comms indicated.

Nothing like having the right tools for the job! Thanks Fenix, Honda and LED Logic!!! You made my morning coffee.

Power on at 7:34 am.

Andy

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
the way I sleep and when I usually get up, I would have never known..

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boomerang said:

I wish the butt end of the P1 was magnetic so it could have stuck to the car's hood instead of holding it in my mouth.

Andy

sounds like someone needs a headlamp... :)

seriously... headlamps aren't attractive... but they ARE the most useful lighting device i own :)

xiaowenzu

Banned
I bet you were happy playing with your Striker VG, aye?! hehe :p
As a flasholic, I look forward to power outtages, lighting storms and the likes. hehe :) :)

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
I bet you were happy playing with your Striker VG, aye?! hehe :p
As a flasholic, I look forward to power outtages, lighting storms and the likes. hehe :) :)

My house was hit by lightening once. My wife and I saw a speck of bright blue light drift out of an AC outlet into the middle of the room, then blink out. :duck:

The strike did some serious damage to some of the metal molding and ducts before it found ground.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
awman.gif
. . . I never get a power outage . . .
envy.gif

raythompson

Newly Enlightened
JimH said:
awman.gif
. . . I never get a power outage . . .
envy.gif
Just go to your breaker panel and pull the big switch. The house will get all dark and you can then use your lights.

I really get a chuckle when I see people actually excited about a power outage.:ohgeez:
Unfortunately, I have been borged and assimilated like the rest of you nuts.:laughing:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lived in my old house for 17 years, not a single black out.
This new home average out 5 times a year! The longest one was about 7 hours with no heat in the winter. Sometime the electric company sent me a warning letter but the light always went out hours before the schedule and came back wayyy after the letter says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts