Fenix Lego (AAA version)

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I just recieved my Fenix E0 from Lighthound (the Fenix-Store order is *STILL* MIA thanks to the incompetence of the USPS), and while i was playing around with it and inspecting it, i discovered an interesting little factoid....

the E0 and E1 heads are *interchangable*, i can put the E0 head on the E1 body (and the E1 head on the E0 body) and it works as expected, it appears that water resistance is even retained (haven't tested this yet)

i even think that both lights look better with the heads swapped, with an E0 head on an E1 body, the E1 "collar" is the same diameter as the E1 body, so the body simply tapers to a nice narrow head

with an E1 head on an E0 body, the uniform large head tapers to a nice narrow body, no asthetically annoying "tummy bulge" like on a stock E0

i don't have a L0P, but i know the E1 head can fit and operate on an L0P body and vice-versa, there's no reason that an E0 head couldn't work on an L0P body either....

Hey 4Sevens, i see another potential item for you to sell..., sell the heads of the AAA lights as seperate items, once someone has a Fenix AAA body, they can simply purchase the head they want, a sort of "build your own" Fenix AAA light....

It looks like SureFires aren't the only "Legolights" now....

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on doing this as well. Fun to switch them around.

I have another lego also...Streamlight Scorpion head on a Vital Gear FB1. Nice light too.